INTERVENTIONS ALLIANCE is a division of Seetec and will be delivering CFO Activity Hubs, which offer tailored support for offenders who, due to their multiple or complex barriers are unable to access or fully benefit from mainstream services. The programme, available following release from prison and to those serving community sentences, has dual aims - to increase effective engagement with core probation services and to encourage participation in activities to help individuals lead law abiding lives. Participants are enabled to access tailored support, appropriate to their individual circumstance and assessed needs. The activities include a holistic range of social, creative and group activities and the opportunity to interact with positive role models and peers.
Attendance is voluntary and there is no statutory or any other form of compulsion. To facilitate participation, a key focus will be on providing a warm, welcoming and enabling environment. CFO Activity Hubs provide a safe and supportive space where participants can, and most importantly want to engage. Hubs are placed in the heart of local communities, involving local organisations and/or community representatives, to increase integration and the availability of local support for participants.
The aim is to provide a comprehensive programme of activities to enable participants, to engage with support available through existing provision. Ultimately, the aim is to address barriers to work and/or equip individuals with the necessary skills needed to desist from offending and successfully reintegrate into to their local communities
Join the team as Activity Hub Manager to build a positive, inclusive environment which encourages participants to engage in a range of activities, supporting access into mainstream provision and fulfilling contractual requirements. This role will uphold the aims of enabling participants to resettle into their local communities and desist from crime.
Our successful candidate will have operational experience contract delivery within one or more sites and be an experienced operational manager within a probation or similar environment and have recent Justice sector experience.
* To provide inspirational leadership and operational management, to build and develop a culture within the hub in which participants are enabled to fulfil their potential and desist from crime. Leading by example and model the culture. Engage with stakeholders to raise awareness of the Hub and its contribution to local community and maximise targeted referrals.
* Contribute to the development and review of strategic plans and business objectives.
* Hold overall accountability for service delivery within the hub, including the right blend of activities to meet participant need and contractual requirements, within the set budget.
* To promote CFO Activities Hubs, in meetings with local/regional stakeholders, including attendance at forums and statutory boards, to build and maintain effective partnership working. This includes working with the External Relationships Manager, to develop relationships and provide assurance to external stakeholders who can support the credibility and standing of the hub within the local community, provide a source of referrals and/or enhance the services we offer.
* Manage and effectively lead the staff team by creating and maintaining a workforce of skilled staff who embrace hub values and are encouraged to develop, within a learning environment. This includes the thorough induction, probationary period, supervision, objective setting, appraisal, competence checks and where required, performance manage staff.
* Monitor and track hub performance against contract to target provision and ensure that services are effective. Provide and analyse management information and stakeholder/participant feedback to inform local decision making and identify improvements to service delivery. Share best practice and contribute towards service wide improvements.
Skills & Experience
* Level 5 Management (equivalent) desirable
* Social work/justice qualifications desirable.
* Substantial operational experience contract delivery within one or more sites.
* Substantial experience as an operational manager within a probation or similar environment
* Recent Justice sector experience
Salary: £37,910 to £44,600 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: The core hours are Monday to Friday between 10 and 4, and some work may be required in the evening and/or Saturdays to total 37 hours per week. We operate a flexible working policy to reflect the flexible opening times of the Hubs and for the benefit of employees
Closing Date: 7th December 2020
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
Seetec - Interventions Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec - Interventions Alliance support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of "Ex-Offenders" can be found on our website under" About us"
Seetec - Interventions Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The Activity Hubs project is funded via the HM Prison & Probation Service Co-financing Organisation (HMPPS CFO). HMPPS CFO is a European Social Fund resettlement support programme which delivers projects aimed at improving employability, which are seen as key to changing lives and reducing reoffending.
If you need further information please contact our Recruitment Team (phone number removed)