Solution Engineers take personal responsibility for assigned projects, trials and products and ensure that the customer's requirements are met at every stage. With supervision, they ensure that the most appropriate technical solution is chosen, designed, delivered and tested. They take responsibility for developing their own knowledge and experience.
This role is primarily office based although we do travel across the UK and Northern Europe when required. Out-of-hours work is also sometimes required (by prior arrangement) and the successful candidate would be required to join an on-call rota to respond to critical issues.
Day to day you will be:
* Responsible for all aspects of your own technical project delivery
* Able to address a technical problem logically and methodically through to resolution
* Have a passion for learning and be able to teach yourself and share your knowledge with colleagues
* Provide assistance to internal technical support teams
* Create internal project related documentation - (confluence/wiki pages for technical team (SE and TAC)) and external facing (for customer).
* Keep all project related tasks up to date (in Jira)
* Manage project related vendor escalations
We're looking for someone that has:
* At least 5 years industry experience
* Experience contributing to or, ideally, leading technical projects
* Experience working on business-critical systems, ideally in a service provider environment
* A proven ability to learn new technologies, tools and skills
* Excellent communication skills as well as some experience writing designs, test plans or other technical documents
* A solid background understanding of networks and the Internet
* Good analytical troubleshooting skills, including experience with key tools like Wireshark
Additional knowledge that would be very useful (but not essential):
* Detailed understanding of SIP, SDP etc.
* Experience with carrier-grade VoIP equipment
* Exposure to our key technologies, especially BroadSoft BroadWorks and Oracle Session Border Controllers
* Familiarity with the supporting tools and technologies we encounter most - RedHat/CentOS Enterprise Linux, VMWare ESXi, MySQL and Apache
* Experience delivering technical presentations or training
* Project management skills (formal or informal)
* Some level of coding ability - Python, Perl, Bash, SQL etc.
Here's what you'll get back:
* A career with excellent prospects in one of the fastest growing companies of its kind
* Training and certification on technology & vendor systems as necessary
* A relaxed and fun working environment
* Fantastic company benefits incl. Pension scheme, private healthcare, cycle to work scheme, perkbox membership with discounts, childcare vouchers, free fruit and refreshments, modern offices with free parking, staff organised charity events... and much more