Nurse - RGN or RMN Neuro Rehabilitation
£24 - £25 per hour
DWM Resourcing are seeking to recruit a qualified Nurse for our client who have attained an 'Outstanding' status by CQC, for their Neuro Rehabilitation Unit in Hartwell to work on a bank/temporary basis
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award winning team working within the field of acquired brain injury. Our client caters for a male client base specialising in neurological rehabilitation across various sites.
To work as a member of our Multidisciplinary Care Team, Qualified Nurses are expected to take overall responsibility to provide a high quality, safe, supportive environment in order to care for residents within this specialist area meeting the identified physical, mental and social care needs. To ensure the effective running of activities and resident programmes. To effectively manage non-qualified staff and other team members.
* To maintain an up to date knowledge of all company policy and procedures and ensure these are followed at all times.
* Responsible for maintaining a safe environment in accordance with all Health and Safety, Infection Control, COSHH, and other government legislation.
* Assist in maintaining all COSHH records.
* Daily responsibility as Fire Warden - fulfil responsibilities required.
* To take responsibility for the residents and staff as Nurse In Charge of the unit during designated shift.
* Monitoring levels, safety and appropriate use of all stocks and supplies, carry out when required stock ordering.
* Ensuring the fabric and integrity of the building, fixtures and fittings is maintained to a high standard.
* Assist all non-qualified staff in the best use of their time, to the benefit of themselves, residents and the team in general.
* Monitor staffs' dress standard, behaviour and performance whilst on duty.
* Ensure you are fully aware and operate within all policies and procedures, regularly updating knowledge of any changes.
* Responsible for the security of all keys, alarms and communication equipment and that these are carried at the directed times.
* Ensure keys, alarms and communication aids are carried by all staff on duty.
* Ensure and monitor all unit cleaning regimes and protocols in place are audited across site.
* Carry out responsibilities with due regard to the units equal opportunities and diversity policy.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard and in accordance with current quality initiatives within this area of work.
* To act at all times in a professional manner, role model - as an ambassador of excellence for the Group
* Work with the Multidisciplinary Team in maintaining CQC Inspections and the National Service frameworks minimum standards.
* Be aware of the responsibility of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all residents, visitors and staff.
* To offer support and assist senior management in debriefing colleagues following any required incident.
* Assist in areas of staff poor performance / disciplinary action.
* To maintain the morale of the team.
* Delegate projects and responsibilities.
* To meet requested tasks and deadlines as defined by the Registered Nurse Manager.
Responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
As Named Nurse responsible for collating and producing nursing report and attending multi disciplinary/funding reviews for assessment periods.
Responsible for keeping up-to-date records in line with N.M.C.
Responsible for reporting and accurately recording any untoward incidents/events along with collating and submitting reports relating to these on request.
Responsible for ensuring documenting resident's complaints.
Assist junior staff in maintaining daily records across the site.
Maintain own personal information and supervision records, maintain NMC professional registration.
Take responsibility for carrying out unit quality assurance audits and designating these to Qualified and Unqualified staff. Meeting deadlines and targets.
Act as Link Nurse where designated.
Maintain effective listening and interpersonal skills.
Responsible for own time management.
Communicate effectively with the Multidisciplinary Team. Responsible for maintaining effective communication throughout the organisation.
Responsible for recording resident's mental/physical health and taking required appropriate action.
Take lead role in discussions and meetings in relation to residents and the team where required.
Communicate to families, relatives and other professionals when required.
Communicate with unit R.M.O and GP.
Maintain resident confidentiality/data protection in line with unit and policy.
Attend regular scheduled team meetings.
Report/action any maintenance repairs and/or risks.
Assist in interviewing/recruitment of staff.
Carry out clinical supervision and scheduled individual performance reviews.
To follow the nursing process in developing effective care plans and ensure all staff adheres to prescribed care delivery.
Responsible for ensuring referral enquiries are dealt with in an efficient courteous manner.
To assist in delivering personal care to residents whilst respecting privacy, dignity and personal boundaries.
To promote residents choice and equality.
To be fully aware of all emergency procedures/administer basic life support.
Delegation and coordination of special nursing observations and ensure observation protocols and paperwork completed and sent to appropriate managers.
To undertake clinical assessments.
Responsible for the ordering, stock control, storage, counts and administration of medicines in line with all CQC and NMC guidelines and requirements.
To maintain collaborative working relationships with attending professionals and medical staff.
Take active part in out of hours on-call policy and procedure.
To discuss the role further please contact the team at DWM Resourcing or send your cv and one of the team will call you back as we continue to work through the current pandemic to support our clients