A SEND School in Bristol who cater for children from 4 to 19 is looking for an outstanding NVQ level 3 Learning Support Assistant for a long term post starting as soon as possible for 5 days per week.
The school is for students of various abilities, ranging from Moderate Learning Difficulties to complex and profound needs. The school require a talented LSA who is flexible, enthusiastic and dedicated to supporting children with Special Educational Needs to join their team of dedicated staff.
All applicants will ideally be NVQ Level 3 qualified and have a minimum of 6 months experience working with children with Special Educational Needs.
Due to the nature of the children attending the school, the role will require personal care. Prior experience of feeding, changing and activities such as hydrotherapy is highly desirable.
You will need to feel confident within a classroom environment as well as on a 1:1 basis and be able to take direction from a class teacher.
The ideal candidate for this teaching post will have / be:
* At least 6 months experience of working with children with SEND.
* Excellent and proven classroom management skills.
* A genuine passion for supporting students with additional needs.
As a member of the TeacherActive supply team you can expect to enjoy the following benefits:
* Market leading daily rates of pay.
* A no hassle payment scheme
* Enhanced DBS Disclosure, which is refundable after 10 days of work.
* An unrivalled service from a dedicated team of consultants with years of experience and knowledge of education recruitment.
* An amazing referral scheme, with the opportunity to receive a gift once your referral candidate has worked 10 days.
To register your interest please call Beth for an informal chat on (phone number removed) or email an up to date CV to
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services