Queensmead House School is a co-educational, independent specialist day school, providing high quality education. Based in Windsor, the school meets the needs of a diverse group of pupils with complex educational needs, communication difficulties and challenging behaviours.
Part of Witherslack Group, we provide outstanding education for young people with a range of complex educational needs. Some may need emotional support to help them achieve their potential. Others may, for instance, function at an incredibly high level but have ADHD, social communication difficulties or autism, and struggle to maintain concentration. Each child's set of needs requires a unique approach and our teachers are there to deliver that. Channelling individual capabilities into academic success is the goal, as part of a holistic and uniquely attentive educational strategy.
My client are looking for a competant teaching assistant to provide support and assistance across the school site. You must have at least 1 years experience working in a primary sen setting and have a good understanding and knowledge of Autism, SEMH, EBD and ADHD.
To provide assistance in the teaching and learning of children, under the direct supervision of the class teacher.
Support the pupil by:
- Undertaking activities with either individuals or small groups of children in order to facilitate their physical, emotional and educational developments within a safe environment, usually in the presence of a teacher.
- Working to establish supportive relationships with the children and parents concerned in order to facilitate effective communication and partnership between school and home where appropriate.
-Carrying out pre-determined educational activities and work programmes ensuring that specific guidelines are followed whilst promoting independent learning to support the children's understanding.
- Encouraging acceptance and inclusion of the child with special needs to support achievement and development.
- Promoting and reinforcing the child's self esteem and encourage the child to maximise their achievement and development.
Support the teacher by:
- Monitoring, assessing and recording pupils' work, as directed by the teacher.
Support the school by:
- Supporting and advising trainee assistants.
- Having specialist knowledge of equipment in the school and provide instruction on the proper use of that equipment.
- Being aware of the school's policies and procedures.
- Being aware of confidential issues linked to home/pupil/teacher/school work and to keep confidences as appropriate. Assisting with out of school activities such as open days, school performances etc.
- Carrying out the duties of a classroom assistant as required and directed.
-Contributing to behaviour management of pupils in accordance with the school policy and guidance.
If you are free and available for a long term role and want to be employed directly through a school that is close to your home please do call me on (phone number removed) or email me at (url removed)
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
You must have legal right to work in the UK
You must be willing to attend a registration interviewVeritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community