We are on the look out for a brand new role within my client as an Electrical Maintenance Engineer. For this role you will have worked within a engineering / maunfacturing type business and come with 17th or 18th edition.
OVERVIEW & SCOPE OF ROLE:
To provide efficient and effective preventative maintenance and breakdown cover to the MK site, looking after and maintaining machinery and ancillaries. To ensure machinery breakdown and repairs are actioned in a timely manner and at minimum cost to production. Job owner to work off own initiative and prioritise the workload to ensure TPM is working effectively. It is essential to be able to communicate effectively and understand written and verbal communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES:
* Compile, plan and execute a complete TPM plan for the site using predominantly in house staff.
* Utilise and train Machine Operatives for TPM requirements where appropriate.
* To prioritise maintenance engineering duties as required on a daily basis or as directed by the Operations Manager.
* Track, analyse and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilisation, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance.
* Record, monitor and analyse all breakdowns by implementing KPI's for each area of the equipment and ensure the underlying root causes are actioned and improvements are implemented in the agreed timescale.
* Develop a continuous improvement philosophy within the Operations team being a champion in implementing and sustaining lean principles such as 6S, TPM and Poke Yoke.
* Ensure that you and the Operations team always work to safe working practices and current training standards.
* Ensure weekly fire alarm tests are carried out and assist with the evacuation procedure.
* Read gas, electric and water meters as required, and maintain appropriate records.
* To comply with the requirements of Health and Safety, Risk Management and any other relevant legislation and company policies.
* To monitor the work of contractors attending site from signing in and leaving site ensuring they always comply to the company Safe Working systems and any required RAM's are in place prior to work commencing.
* To source 3 quotes for any external contracting work needed and justify selection of chosen provider.
* Ensure that critical spare parts are available without tying up capital.
* Initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
* Assist the Shift Managers in employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency and knowledge.
* Monitor operation of plant equipment and systems ensuring the equipment is used correctly at all times.
* To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job, as requested by the Operations Manager.
Environmental, Safety, Risk & Compliance
* To be committed to and champion a strong EHS culture on site. Ensuring that all Operational staff are competent and adequately trained and supported to enable them to carry out their duties safely.
* To develop a strong culture of hazard reporting across all staff to assist in driving improvements to the site safety performance.
* Maintain a robust internal control environment in order to comply with local regulations.
* Be a site Champion for Safety initiatives and personally lead the development of a strong safety culture across all areas at MK site.
* To be committed to the Group-wide ethics and compliance programme, ensuring a common approach to doing business the right way and adhering at all times to the core elements of the programme - values, policies/guidance, training/education and compliance risk assessment