We have an exciting opportunity to join an established legal practice heading up their Residential Conveyance team.
This role reports to the Head of Department
Team Leader/Conveyancer in the Residential New Homes Department to assist with the conveyancing of new build homes.
To lead the Team and provide support to the team in all aspects and to ensure all work carried out by the Team is carried out correctly and efficiently. To build good working relationships with the developers and to report any issues to the Head of Department immediately.
To provide support to other Teams in holiday/sickness absence.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* To effectively deal with a manageable and varied caseload in residential conveyancing
* To maintain and build upon exiting client relationships
* To supervise the team in the absence of the Legal Director
* To work to strict deadlines in a pressurised but friendly environment
* To liaise with support staff (i.e. Legal Secretaries, Paralegals and Trainee Paralegals) in a positive and proactive manner.
* To maintain accurate electronic and paper-based records for clients.
* To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
* To undertake appropriate and relevant staff development on a regular basis
The following tasks provide a general overview of the types of activity, the candidate will be expected to engage in or oversee on a day-to-day basis. The tasks are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities as all employees are required to be flexible, dynamic and have the capacity to think creatively when presented with challenges.
As part of our compliance procedures, applicants are asked to note that:
* references will be followed up;
* all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily;
* proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required;
* reference requests will ask specifically whether the applicant has ever been subject to any proceedings/complaints initiated by the Law Society or any other professional body.
* appropriate suitability checks may be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Wavelength Recruitment Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency on this occasion