I am currently recruiting for the below role which is an initial 5 month contract in Milton Keynes.
Build Support Engineer:
The engineer will support and coordinate HV battery pack/controller build activities. This role is not just limited to design and engineering work, candidates also will be responsible for releasing components into launch. Previous experience with building components is required Recent CREO experience is a must!
* Manage and release system level BOM's
* Manage build manuals and update as required
* Review and make improvements to the standard processes and to manufacturing procedures
* Coordinate build readiness meetings to ensure cross functional teams are aligned to meet overall program deliverables
* Coordinate issue resolution meetings with cross functional teams and implement changes in build accordingly.
* Communicate build related issues day to day basis and create deviations as agreed
* Perform final checks to align with build readiness documentation to ensure the system has correct instrumentation and traceability
* Support weekly ECN (Change review) meetings
* Basic Creo and drawing reading skills are required
* HV Electrical systems (battery packs and battery controllers) knowledge would be beneficial
* Wiring harness routing knowledge would be beneficial
Degree in relevant engineering discipline with a minimum 5 years relevant experience
Creo CAD modelling (solid/surface) & design in context expertise essential
Understanding of fundamental mechanical design (DFM, DFA, static/dynamic loading, structural mechanics)
Expertise in selection of mechanical components, suitable materials & joining technologies to meet system requirements.
Experience following product development cycles & delivery of mechanical designs for key design gateways
Ability to apply fundamental engineering principles from concept through to detail design
Command of Geometric dimensioning & tolerancing leading to robust DFM & location strategies that aligns with Lean Manufacturing principles
Experience of typical BEV and PHEV battery system solutions and technologies beneficial
Strong people skills and the ability to work individually and in a cross functional team
Work experience to project manage a design through to production and manage several parts across multiple vehicle programmes
Working Knowledge of Problem Resolution Techniques (e.g - 8D, Six Sigma, process)
Experience in component / system multi-physics FEA models beneficial (static & dynamic)If you are interested or know someone that could be please send an up-to-date CV and I will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.
Please click to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC(phone number removed) England and Wales