Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
The Water & Environment Business Unit faces five primary market sectors in UK, Ireland and wider Europe. These are: Regulated Utilities market across water, energy and emerging telecoms strand; Environmental and Consenting Services, around broad range of major infrastructure projects in UK and Ireland; Water Catchment Flood and Coastal risk Management; Ports; and Ground Engineering and Tunnelling. There are around 2200 employees within the unit with an impressively broad range of specialist skills providing a range of solutions across these markets and a number of other sub markets.
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomises the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity:
This new post is a key part of the Jacobs strategy for the future providing a range of leading-edge services to our clients then embedding, maintaining, and preparing the ground for the next generation.
This post is considered as a key enabler for the achievement of our strategic objectives.
Taking current and new approaches and digital technologies you will lead the development into the client sales environment and then to implementation and embedding and value realisation.
General Role Requirements
This role is focussed on the delivery of technology related services to our clients. Success will be measured through identifying developing and implementing these services with our clients and the building of long-term relationships.
As utilities and other industries move into the age of systems thinking and ever greater connectivity Jacobs will be there with them developing, innovating, supporting and embedding the systems and processes to deliver the next steps. Your role is to work across these projects and making this happen from concept to full value recognition.
Key activities include:
1. Provision of systems based technical leadership and support to the Water and Environment Business.
2. Working with clients or Jacobs teams Identify new approaches and opportunities to develop tools and systems that enable our clients to undertake their business more effectively.
3. Scanning for transferable opportunities from other industries.
4. Provide support to existing initiatives.
5. Preparation of proposals.
6. Develop the functionality of the tools or systems to meet individual client needs
7. Assist with associated installation and commissioning to meet Client requirements and expectations
• Excellent understanding of the operational and data aspects of the water industry.
• Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
• Professionally Qualified to Chartered Level with a relevant Institution.
• Good communication skills and transformational capability.
• Practical proven ability of developing strategy based on a systems-thinking approaches in a utility environment.
• Extensive knowledge of managing multidisciplinary design and development
• Development of training modules and upskilling of key staff
• Proven ability of implementing workflow-based approaches from asset to control to monitoring performance to reliability and maintenance to AI.
• Working knowledge of digital communications protocols.
• Working with partners to develop opportunities to provide a service to the client
• Development of bespoke sales strategies to provide high value services.
• The creation, recognition and management of digital disruption approaches.
• Development of robust strategies over a regulatory cycle.
• International experience
We're invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what's possible. There's something that drives everyone - and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours' contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred oninclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; (url removed)
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.