Trials Manager Static Trials (135jc) - Southend-on-Sea, Kent - Up to £41k + Benefits
This is an n exciting opportunity to join a high performing team of multi-disciplinary engineers delivering critical test and evaluation of defence related Ordnance Munitions and Explosives products.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
As part of this team you will develop the necessary skills to simulate some of the most challenging environments in the world to ensure that the systems are ultimately safe and suitable for release to service. The day to day activities are predominantly carried out at MOD Shoeburyness however you will be expected on occasion to complete trials work at any other company or customer sites to ensure delivery within the Long-Term Partnering Agreement.
Therefore, you will work within trials management team at MOD Shoeburyness and as a Trials Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of the trial being carried out and will be accountable to the Team leader (Land) North and East.
As the trials manager you must ensure:
* That for all trials activities you are nominated to manage, a Risk Assessment is produced which identifies known hazards, the risks involved, those who could be affected and control measures to mitigate those risks to a level As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP)
* That all trials nominated to you are planned in detail and that detailed plans are completed at the appropriate time to allow for future resourcing within the land ranges.
* That for any trial which you are nominated to manage, a briefing specific to all activity related to the trial is given to all employees who may be involved. This briefing must include all hazards related to the activity, with specific focus on the hazards presented by the explosive items and/or articles being processed.
* That the appropriate level of supervision is exercised applicable to the task, both personally and by supervisors under your control, and that the requirements laid out in any task/trial plan are being followed.
* All trials related engineering activities are conducted in accordance with Company Engineering Policy including independent Assurance Reviews.
* That all changes to Trials Activities are managed through either the HAM Process, The Deviations and Waivers Process or the Weapons Division Change Control Process as appropriate.
* All trials for which you are the nominated manager are carried out in accordance with the requirements of the issued HASP certificate or Peer Review requirements whichever applies, and that the technical content of trials fully meets the customer's expectation.
* That the preparation and co-ordination of trial reports is in accordance with the customer's specification, ensuring they are issued within the contracted timeframe.
* That all dynamic firings, static detonations, and explosions are carried out in accordance with Company Range Procedures.
* That when static trials require a projectile to be fired Dynamic Firing Rules are applied.
* That all Safety Distances are calculated using service publications where available. When none are available, ensure the Weapon Danger Area is calculated using an approved method.
* That all hazardous activities conducted fall within the scope of your certified technical competence.
* continuing professional development through National Occupational Standards and maintain non-technical competencies
In addition to the above you will be responsible for:
* The design, execution and reporting of static trials,
* Trialling new and novel, as well as In Service Ordnance and Munitions for use by Sea, Land and Air forces
* The disposal of trials arisings in a safe and appropriate manner.
* Becoming recognised as the technical lead for trials that you have the competence and expertise to undertake in this role
* Managing all Company trial records, documents and third-party information in accordance with Company document and record Management Policy.
* Mentoring trainee, graduate, and apprentice trials managers while under site control.
You need the drive and determination to achieve goals, manage multiple trials activities and meet project milestones.
You must have a strong resolve and know when to stop a contracted activity if it deviates from the plan or is unsafe.
You must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
Be flexible and adaptable to the many and varied challenges faced by this role.
Be able to work proactively and reactively during the complete trials process.
Undertake further courses as required to ensure your continuous training development.
Produce weekly updates to the team leader on yours and other trials activities within the range.
Undertake duties assigned by the team and group leaders.
* Excellent Knowledge Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives
* Excellent Knowledge of Test and Evaluation process
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software
* Working towards or willing to work towards professional qualification MiEXPE, IENG or CENG
* Clean driving licence
* Working Knowledge of the bid process
* Mentoring or training skills
* Project management /lifecycle process
* Previous explosives background
Also due to the nature of my client's activities, you will need to be able to either hold or be able to hold UK Security clearance.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary and benefits package, and for the right candidate a relocation package would also be available.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (phone number removed) ext 1