Our client is a UK headquartered mid-sized software business supplying telecommunication service providers (companies like Vodafone and Three etc) with next-generation network service assurance solutions. The client is leading the industry with innovations in NFV, SDN, Telco Cloud, 5G, and the Internet of Things.
At the moment due to Covid-19 the role his home-based based but longer-term the successful candidate will need to spend time occasionally in both Newbury and Slough and therefore the ideal location for the person is the M4 corridor/areas close to the West of London.
Main purpose of role:
Be part of a regionalized team of technical sales (presales) consultants, while upholding best practices across the team, and delivering a hands-on, agile, and "can-do" work style in a high-pressure / high-impact team towards prospects and internal teams.
Key Role Responsibilities
· Lead by example as an agile, flexible, and problem-solving presales practitioner
· Keep all team members at peak efficiency, with all regionalized team members being certified across all products
· Serve as an expert practitioner of my clients sales processes.
· Understand customer requirements, map them to my clients capabilities, and articulate the value propositions and benefits in order to develop a winning value proposition.
· Presents detailed product solution and benefits to customers.
· Creates pre-sales ROI for customer opportunities.
· Supports sales process by identifying opportunities, assisting in qualification and account / deal planning and creating solicited and unsolicited proposals with the Sales Reps and Operations.
· Undertakes detailed product demonstrations and configures product for personalized demonstrations
· Ensure high-quality development of response to customer RFIs / RFPs acting as bid manager to bring together the resources, expertise and partners as required.
· Maintains close relationship with customer (business & technical), partners and internally.
· Provides feedback to the R&D and PLM regarding product issues and customer / market requirements
· Produces product specific configurations for prices in proposals and bids
- Adopt best practice techniques in line with sales methodologies and processes
· With the Sales team, develop and maintain account plans for target accounts
· Take ownership for the development of expertise and best practice for specific products
· Complete meeting notes and call plans for all activities
· Participate in deal reviews as required and own the technical qualification process
· Chair regular technical review meetings to pro-actively manage customer satisfaction, to discuss roadmaps and strategy and to resolve outstanding technical issues
- Develop and utilize internal and external relationships in order to deliver profitable business
· Collaborate with the Sales Director and Delivery Management to maximize value of customer opportunities
· Supervise/own the technical communication between customers and the product team and assist in the development of products and roadmaps by providing technical and commercial expertise.
· Develop and maintain key working relationships with internal suppliers, for example, R&D, PLM, Marketing, Operations ensuring open communication and timely requests for information and / or support
· Develop and actively grow a network of key technical contacts and sponsors within target accounts and the wider market
· Assist in the development of custom engagement strategies for non-standard opportunities (e.g proof of concepts)
· Provide opportunity information to enable commercial prioritization of roadmap modifications and delivery resource planning.
· Optimize the use of resources to achieve most efficient and effective use to minimize cost of sale
· With regional sales and product management, review technical issues and steps to resolve for at least all focus deals
· Work closely with Global Partners and help develop relationships with third party and partner businesses to extend influence and information gathering opportunities
- Commit to being an active member of the team and to ongoing technical, personnel and professional development
· Keep up to date with technological and market developments in the industry
· Act as a coach and mentor to other members of the team as appropriate
· Attend customer and industry events, team meetings, kick off meetings and functions as required
Skills, experience (technical and non-technical) & Qualifications
· Extensive experience working in a similar role, directly with customers to understand their specific requirements and develop winning proposals
· Solid foundation in mobile market, latest technology and telecoms network trends, and Carrier-Class software
· In depth technical knowledge and experience of service assurance specific software applications for the telecoms industry is a strong preference.
· Experience in a particular field of expertise such as packet networks, radio access networks, mobile core, transport networks, probing systems, customer experience management, or other related fields will be required
· Knowledge of TMF, ETSI, ONAP, OSM processes and methods is required
· Ability to work with customers, partners, and internal personnel at all levels from CxO downwards establishing credibility and building trusted status
· Ability to engage and quickly establish strong working relationships.
· General understanding of project bids including resource estimation, risk analysis, P&L structure and qualification criteria to assess business potential