JOB SPEC - Legal Cashier
My client, an award-winning International Law Firm based in Liverpool are looking to recruit an experienced Legal Cashier. It's your opportunity to join an experienced transaction team. You will report to the Team Leader and work on a rota basis with the Services Team
You will be required to carry out accurate and timely processing of financial transactions for the firm in accordance with the firm's procedures and the Solicitors Accounts Rules and other applicable regulation.
* Client Transaction processing including office and client cheque requests/banking/Office/Client Direct Credit/Counsel and Expert Ledger postings/Same Day and International payment processing, including accounts maintenance.
* Processing trust account transaction requests and bank reconciliations if required in adherence to Trust account procedures.
* Assisting the International Offices with any finance support required to include client matter transaction and bill processing and bank reconciliations when required
* Dealing with general enquiries to aid the Finance Operations section and general Finance Department.
* Assisting the Finance management, and Team leaders with routine accounts duties as and when required.
* Assist with accounts maintenance client residual balance and projects that may include leaver audit administration and accounts database maintenance.
* Assist with accounts maintenance and disbursement editing for matter management
* Bank reconciliation and overaged items assistance as and when required
* As appropriate, assist with clerical accounts duties and accounts administration
* Proven experience in the role
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* All round cashiering knowledge
* Strong SRA regulatory knowledge
* Work well as part of a team
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* At least 2 year's legal cashier experience
* Experience working with Aderant finance system
* Bank Reconciliations
* International payments
What's on offer for you
Here are some examples of what's on offer for you from our benefits package.
Hours Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week, 9:00-17:00
25 days annual leave
Birthday privilege day
Holiday buy and sell and carryover scheme
Charity volunteering days
Private medical insurance
Permanent health insurance
Health cash plan
Maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave, special leave
Annual travel season ticket loan
Dress for your day