We are actively recruiting for an experienced Payroll Manager on behalf of a market leading organisation in Coalville, Leicestershire.
You will be providing operational leadership to the Payroll department in the processing of payrolls for all staff and subsidiary company staff. You will be responsible for managing and developing the Payroll Team to ensure that the team deliver a high-quality service and all obligations are met. You will ensure correct payment and appropriate information is communicated to all external stakeholders including pension providers, HMRC and other statutory and regulatory bodies. You will liaise with Human Resources in all areas which relate to payroll; identifying and making recommendations for improvements in practices and procedures and participate in any projects that contribute to service improvements.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
* Management and development of the Payroll Team (2 direct reports).
* Responsible for the preparation and processing of payroll for over 1300 employees on the Zellis / ResourseLink payroll system.
* Processing advised changes including tax code, bonus, pay rate by agreed cut off dates.
* Calculating holiday pay, SMP, SSP, SPP
* Processing starters and leavers.
* Dealing with enquiries from internal stakeholders.
* End of month and year end submissions.
* Completion of P45, P60 and P11D's.
* Adding new payroll clients to the system and creating any third-party accounts including HMRC/pensions
* Processing all reports including the submission to HMRC.
* Liaising with pension scheme providers to ensure all employees' pension arrangements are in order
* Review and ensure accuracy of approved advances, travel and overtime claims
* Responsible for the coordination between payroll and human resources, to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
* Maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis.
* Generate reports for payments e.g. PAYE returns and other third parties.
* Keep abreast with company policies and tax legislations that impact on remuneration.
* Prepare month-end journals and reporting (Including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. overtime, leave balances, head count, and month end reports).
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
* Five plus years in a Payroll Office performing all payroll functions.
* Pensions experience essential.
* Excellent skills using MS Excel.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
* Excellent problem solving/judgement skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
* Strong organisational skills, and the ability to work independently and under pressure.
* Ability to handle and prioritise multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
* Effective communicator with staff at all levels.
* Good time management and organisational skills.
* Honest / trustworthy.
* The capacity to drive through key business changes.
* Hard-working, efficient and motivated by results.
* Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.
This exciting opportunity includes 33 days holiday (rising 1 day per year after 3 years to a maximum of 38 days), lucrative pension scheme, comprehensive sick pay, free parking and many more exciting benefits. Furthermore, you will benefit off a well-paid salary of up to £45,000 per annum depending on your skills and experience.
If you are an experienced Payroll Manager and want to join a reputable and marketing leading organisation, HIT Apply Now