We are the AA. And we keep everyone's show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we're always ready for anything. That's why, for over 100 years, we've continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation's number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
We're looking for a Lead Digital Content Strategist to join us in London. Reporting directly to the Head of Experience Design, you will partner with subject matter experts including Editorial, Marketing and Product to create and maintain the tools and frameworks that guide plans for creation, delivery and governance of digital content.
You will be responsible for ensuring our digital content delivers against clear business and customer outcomes, conducting regular benchmarking and monitoring to ensure we are moving towards our goals and adapting our strategies accordingly. Insight and evidence driven in your approach, you will facilitate alignment across different departments to ensure a coherent customer experience across all digital touchpoints.
You will be working to understand business goals and user needs in the context of our broader business, digital and channel strategy, and working closely with our Lead Content Editor to put in place the right guidelines and plans to bring to life the strategy through our digital content.
This role will require a deep understanding of our Content Management System, personalization and targeting of content, considering structured as well as unstructured content, making sure users can find the right content and effortlessly take the best next step to help them complete their journeys. As a key stakeholder for our content management system, you'll also own the supplier relationship and drive forward plans to improve the platform for both internal and external users.
As a manager, you'll lead by example. You'll help us mentor and develop a team of content experts to develop a deep understanding of the digital content strategy and support the seamless delivery of content across channels, setting the standard, and encouraging them to challenge and raise their own standards.
What will I be doing?
* Taking a leading role on content strategy projects, devising cross-channel content solutions that deliver on business objectives and customer outcomes
* Work with Editorial, Product, Services and Marketing teams to realise our digital and channel strategy with the right content solutions, defining and communicating the digital content strategy
* Managing a small team of content editors to support the effective delivery, maintenance and governance of digital content across channels to deliver on the content strategy, reviewing deliverables and coaching the team as well as managing performance.
* Creating content strategy deliverables including content inventories and audits, metadata, gap analyses and CMS documentation
* Working directly with the Sitecore CMS development team to couple our content strategy with the future CMS development roadmap to delivered effective personalised and targeted content to our users, collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders
* Leading on information architecture, ensuring a user centred approach and using insight to establish effective tagging and taxonomies
* Working our product and proposition development teams to plan how content can support end-to-end customer journeys with digital content
* Collaborating with SEO practitioners to support search strategies
* Inspiring and influencing business stakeholders, up to director and exec level, about customer-focused content
* Building strong relationships with Brand and Marketing teams to ensure alignment of content across all channels
* Work with Brand Social and Content lead to align content strategies