INTERVENTIONS ALLIANCE is a division of Seetec and will be delivering CFO Activity Hubs, which offer tailored support for offenders who, due to their multiple or complex barriers are unable to access or fully benefit from mainstream services.
The programme, available following release from prison and to those serving community sentences, has dual aims - to increase effective engagement with core probation services and to encourage participation in activities to help individuals lead law abiding lives. Participants are enabled to access tailored support, appropriate to their individual circumstance and assessed needs. The activities include a holistic range of social, creative and group activities and the opportunity to interact with positive role models and peers.
Attendance is voluntary and there is no statutory or any other form of compulsion. To facilitate participation, a key focus will be on providing a warm, welcoming and enabling environment. CFO Activity Hubs provide a safe and supportive space where participants can, and most importantly want to engage. Hubs are placed in the heart of local communities, involving local organisations and/or community representatives, to increase integration and the availability of local support for participants.
The aim is to provide a comprehensive programme of activities to enable participants, to engage with support available through existing provision. Ultimately, the aim is to address barriers to work and/or equip individuals with the necessary skills needed to desist from offending and successfully reintegrate into to their local communities
We are currently recruiting an External Relationship Manager to be responsible for identifying and building sustainable relationships with key referral agents, within and outside the criminal justice system, to meet participant need and achieve contractual volumes.
We need your comprehensive knowledge and understanding of risk and your experience to provide assurance to stakeholders to uphold the hubs reputation and standing. You will work to raise awareness of the hubs contribution to the local community and identify opportunities to enhance service delivery, through stakeholder engagement.
Our successful candidate will have operational experience in the justice sector or a good working knowledge of the criminal justice system.
* Develop and maintain a stakeholder communication plan, to support business objectives, in collaboration with CFO Activity Hub team and Seetec Marketing and Communications.
* Contribute to the development of promotional materials and publicity, working in liaison with Seetec Marketing and Communications, CFO Activity Hub team, hub participants and in accordance with CFO requirements.
* Identify and develop external relationships within the Criminal Justice System (CJS) to generate referral routeways to meet contractual targets, notably National Probation Service (Community Rehabilitation Companies until June 2021), Prison Through the Gate teams, Youth Offending Teams and Integrated Offender Management forums.
* Identify and develop relationships with statutory, voluntary organisations and providers outside the CJS to generate referral routeways to meet contractual targets, e.g. Health, Job Centre plus, CFO 3 and other employability providers including Seetec Group.
* Identify and engage with stakeholders who meet the needs of priority groups and reflect the diversity of the local community.
* Create opportunities to incorporate the participant's 'user voice' into activities to build and sustain stakeholder relationships, e.g. attending events with the engagement officer/participants to explain their journey.
* In collaboration with hub colleagues, identify outreach opportunities and contribute to activities to promote participant self-referrals.
* Establish robust stakeholder relationships, to raise awareness of the provision, provide assurance that risk is managed and uphold the CFO Activity Hubs reputation within the local community, attending boards and forums as required, e.g. Police, Courts, Community Safety Partnerships, Safeguarding Boards.
* Target stakeholder communications to meet participant need, in accordance with contractual requirements, and highlight any potential gaps or changes to identified need.
Skills & Experience
* Educated to Degree level (or equivalent by experience) desirable
* Social work/justice qualifications desirable.
* Operational experience in the justice sector would be viewed favourably but a good working knowledge of the criminal justice system is essential
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills (written/verbal)
* Networking and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to engage with individuals and organisations at all levels and across diverse groups.
* Knowledge and understanding of risk management, safeguarding and desistance/trauma informed approaches to reducing reoffending.
* Understanding of local statutory partnership landscape and structures
* Significant experience of relationship management or partnership engagement with public, private and/or third sector organisations
Salary: £28,050 to £33,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37 hours a week (Full Time) 8.30am to 5pm. Monday to Thursday. Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
Closing Date: 30th November 2020
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
In light of Covid 19 interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams
Seetec - Interventions Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec - Interventions Alliance support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of "Ex-Offenders" can be found on our website under" About us"
Seetec - Interventions Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The Activity Hubs project is funded via the HM Prison & Probation Service Co-financing Organisation (HMPPS CFO). HMPPS CFO is a European Social Fund resettlement support programme which delivers projects aimed at improving employability, which are seen as key to changing lives and reducing reoffending.
If you need further information please contact our Recruitment Team (phone number removed)