Our client is looking to recruit an Audit Manager to join its Financial Services Team at its Central London office. Within this role, you will manage a diverse portfolio of clients, particularly investment funds, and will involve working closely with the firm's team in the Cayman Islands.
Working collaboratively with the wider team, the Audit Manager will have the following responsibilities:
* Plan, control and review client audit work ensuring efficiency and effectiveness, and prepare a time budget for each assignment
* Manage an audit team of audit supervisors, executives, seniors and trainees
* Coach and train junior level staff throughout engagements and ensure, as far as possible, that trainees are allocated a variety of jobs in order to provide a broad range of training and maximise their experience
* Report to a Senior Manager and Partners on the status, review points and any concerns, and liaise with clients, administrators, investment managers and directors
* Ensure a detailed financial statement audit is completed by the team
* Brief audit staff on the client and the nature of its business
* Regular appraisals, and sign off training records to enable effective staff developed
* Identify opportunities for additional services for clients and target new clients through networking, marketing and client referrals
* Be proactive in involving other experts i.e. Corporate Finance, Tax where relevant
* Be involved in tenders and presentations on audits and accounts
To be considered for this position, you will satisfy the following criteria:
* Be fully qualified ACA/ACCA with 5 or more years of post-qualification experience in external audit, accounts in general practice
* Good up-to-date technical knowledge in accounting standards
* Familiarity with IFRS, ISA, US GAAP & GAAS would be an asset, as would previous experience gained within Financial Services
* Demonstrable ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop the team and be a respected leader
* Client focus and able to think commercially
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage conflicting priorities
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This Top 20 practice will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and benefits package, a genuine work/life balance, managers' bonus scheme, a succession planning programme and a supportive working environment.
A full job spec will be available on registration.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Audit Manager role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful