To support significant growth, my client are now looking for an ambitious head of Legal & Compliance who has a major part to play in guiding and supporting the business leaders, reporting to the Group CFO.
Candidates will be experienced, energetic and self-driven individuals with a natural ability and enjoyment of developing relationships, and who want to work in a collegiate environment.
* Founded in the UK in 2001, the Company is the UK and global market leader and now has regional operations across the UK and overseas.
Job Responsibilities of the Head of Legal & Compliance
* Primary point of contact for all legal and compliance matters within the business.
* Responsible for review, preparation and managing legal contracts and compliance documentation.
* Providing legal support and advice to various members of the leadership team of the organisation.
* Provision of appropriate legal support for the management of all company documentation including customer contracts, supply chain contracts, and company policies.
* Manage the AML (anti money laundering) framework ensuring appropriate checks are being completed when new clients are onboarded.
* Manage the IR35 Status Determination Statement process.
* Manage the appropriate legal protection and strategy for intellectual property.
* Manage our regulatory & compliance requirements to include marketing materials.
* Manage all insurances, claims and queries.
* Management of claims, and disputes.
* Maintain relevant databases of contract terms, agreement, renewals, trademarks, and domain names.
* Manage the company risk register, working with heads of functions, Group CFO and Group Risk Advisor to identify, evaluate and manage risk.
* Work with Group CFO ensuring statutory and regulatory filings are kept up to date for all group companies.
* Supporting the business with its data protection compliance, including advice on the GDPR and other relevant legislation to include creating and reviewing our policies on whistleblowing, anti-bribery & corruption, and Modern Slavery in addition to advising on the implications of Brexit
* Work with third party legal advisors in the UK and overseas territories.
* Keep up to date with new rules and regulations, conduct legal research as appropriate.
* Bring new ideas and best practice to the business.
* Take responsibility for building and improving systems to support the business.
* Support the Group CFO in project work as and when required.
Requirements of the Head of Legal & Compliance
* Embodies the values of the company.
* In-house experience essential.
* Confident communicator with excellent presentation and collaboration skills. Interaction with senior business leaders will be a core part of the role, as will working closely with the Group CFO, Group Chairman, Group CEO, and UK CEO.
* Excellent judgement and analytical skills
* Ability to build relationships with ease
* Although there are no direct reports, leadership through modelling the values of the organisation and embracing its culture will be central to performing the role successfully.
* Excellent time handling skills with a proficiency in prioritising work appropriately.
* Have a desire to progress and grow, to be open and honest, and embrace change