Our client a central government department are currently looking for a Commercial Lead (specialism in Document Management & Logistics) to join their team on a 3 months contract, paying £490pd inside IR35.
Location: home based - Nationwide search
Needs to have Deep knowledge of how Central Gov works, frameworks
PUBLIC PRODUCREMENT knowledge is needed
logistics experience is essential, Ideally in Logistics warehouse, postal and courier services - needs to have a knowledge these frameworks
Relevant skills / experience needed
• Excellent communication and consultative skills to building strong relationships with stakeholders, customers and suppliers.
• Developed innovative category, product and sourcing strategies demonstrating unrelenting focus on customer service and deep market insight.
• Ability to switch between big picture strategy and operational detail, innovating to create ways of overcoming problems and deliver positive outcomes and solutions exceeding customer expectations whilst balancing risk (including savings and other benefits)
• Delivered Strategic Supplier Management enhancing category and supplier performance
Key Responsibilities Collaborate with suppliers, customers and colleagues to:
• Proactively build and maintain strong relationships of influence with customers (including Senior Government Policy owners) and suppliers (including Supplier Relationship Management with key suppliers), and develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of categories and markets acting as a source of expert insight and advice for the public sector
• Use your awareness and understanding of commercial marketplaces and strategic category management to create best-in-class category strategies addressing the future trajectory of the categories and markets you operate within
• Support the creation and refresh of market leading strategies and develop product propositions, through to the delivery of products and services that enables the market to deliver customer needs in a sustainable way, delivering outstanding customer service and value and driving growth in the uptake of product propositions
• Play a leadership role, supporting the Senior Category Lead in the ongoing management for implemented products; facilitating strategic added value initiatives throughout the product lifecycle and ensuring the delivery of continuous improvement.
• Demonstrate personal presence, energy and drive in inspiring yourself and others to excel.
Additionally, you will:
• Have the opportunity to forge and develop category areas
• Coach and develop individuals, enhance team effectiveness, organisational learning and commercial acumen
• Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the Government Commercial Organisation,
CV Deadline: Thursday 19th Nov 10am