-Lead Network Engineer
Lead Network Engineer required for a large Edinburgh-based client to join the existing team as they continue their transformation journey - engineering technical infrastructure for a variety of applications and services. You will work on a number of service / change projects, ensuring their availability as well as deploying network technology. The role will see you operating as part of the DevOps team working on service, change and engineering initiatives and you will have the ability to manage and deploy Data Centre Network infrastructure across all network platforms.
You will be tasked with providing technical leadership in a DevOps / Agile fashion across the Data Centre Network platform and have the ability to apply these principles to network infrastructure. You will also possess the ability to provide a base build for the development environment, ready and available to the application and software development teams. The role also requires the creation of technical test plans, review documentation and building a user acceptance environment, whilst managing the infrastructure components through the migration phase.
The role will suit a candidate with a broad understanding and expertise of how applications and services are supported / developed and you will have operational experience of running a large-scale network environment and commercial knowledge of Data Networks, including product and design. Candidates will be considered from a variety of backgrounds, but should communicate and collaborate well across all levels of the business.Skills and Experience Summary (A blend of);
- Extensive experience of Networking in an operational environment and providing technical oversight and leadership.
- Network design experience, working in large-scale enterprise environments.
- A broad understanding of infrastructure layers.
- Breadth of knowledge across multiple platforms, such as mainframe, middleware, network or other specialisms.
- Cloud environment (essential) in AWS/Azure and commercial use of associated components
- Knowledge of DevOps and Agile principles, including how they can be applied to infrastructure.
- Work with design authorities to deploy resilient and cost-effective solutions.
- Strong experience of contributing to roadmaps / strategies, and working closely with third parties.
- CCNP / CCIE certifications preferred.
- OSPF routing protocol knowledge.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills across all levels of business.
- Agile/Scrum at Enterprise level (using Jira and Confluence)
- Financial Services background preferred but not essential
If you are keen to find out further detail around this opportunity, please forward an updated CV to