Accountant - Competitive - Remote (preferably based in South of England)
Are you an experienced and ambitious Accountant? Are you interested in an exciting career development opportunity whereby you will become an important part a growing company that is changing the world of interior design?
The successful candidate will take a varied role which includes conducting all accounting procedures, alongside working closely with operational areas of the business to provide financial information and insight into the company's operations. In addition, you will grow with the company and take on more responsibilities including managing staff and being a full finance partner to the business.
The key responsibilities of an Accountant include, but are not limited to:
* Accounting procedures including: processing invoices (sales and purchases), reconciliations, payroll, VAT and preparation of management accounts.
* Assisting with financial models, populating and interpretation, and implementation of finance policies and procedures across the business.
* Liaising with suppliers and customers.
The company is a technology enabled platform that is changing the world of interior design - for consumers and Interior Designers.
We are the UK's #1 Interior Design Professional, and we make it easier than ever to access professional bespoke room design at an affordable price. The successful candidate will become a vital member of the team, as the opportunity for a Customer Success Executive comes at a critical time in the company's growth and development.
The key skills and qualities of an Accountant:
* At least 5 years' experience in similar processing role; ideally for a small organisation or tier-3 accountant firm.
* At least AAT qualified - although more than 5 years' experience means the candidate is qualified by experience.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Used to working from home - preferable based in the South area.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); Experience of Xero or other online accounting software useful.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more