Mid-Senior API Developer - Python/Django - Fully Remote Working - £40k
Please note that my client cannot offer VISA Sponsorship for this roleYour new company
You will be joining an international, technology first business in fast-growth mode with plans to double their headcount in the next 12 months to 50+ people. The head office is in the heart of Dorset and has been completely modernised and kitted out ready for their next phase of growth.
This role is offered as a fully remote position, providing you are eligible to work in the UK without restriction.Your new role
Having pivoted their business to offer a suite of virtual products, due to Covid-19, the project pipeline here is very busy! They are seeking a mid-senior API Developer to join their UK team on a fully remote full-time basis. You will be working in a small team on API and infrastructure management to support their hybrid platform (Web, Android, and IOS). You'll be required to collaborate closely with the frontend app development team along with QA and product teams to deliver well-architected and efficient features to support the ongoing development of the product.
Your main duties would consist of planning and developing new features in conjunction with the frontend team and identifying and fixing bugs in the platform. They have lots of exciting projects planned, for example video chat features, lots of their own authentication features, integrating third party providers and in the long term a completely new version 2 of their API from scratch with a microservices architecture!
Other responsibilities include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Deliver well-designed and well-tested API features to a clear and consistent standard
- Participate in daily (remote) standup meetings and work closely with the rest of the team and stakeholders/product owners
- Participate in peer-reviews constructively
- Deliver features to agreed deadlines and communicate progress with managers and stakeholders
- Ensure development tasks are aligned with the needs of the business
- Understand and help to develop rock solid delivery platform and support the QA teams in automated testing
What you'll get in return
- Good professional industry experience
- Python / Django / Django REST framework / Flask / FastAPI
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- AWS (ECS, RDS, ElasticBeanstalk, Lambda, S3, Cloudfront)
- Solid understanding of REST API architecture and design
- Strong TDD methodology
- Experience using Python testing tools (pytest / unittest / selenium)
- Strong skills in investigating, identifying and resolving issues in an integrated system
- Good understanding of version control (Git etc...)
- Experience integrating 3rd party services (Google Analytics API, Typeform API etc)
- Continuous Integration pipeline tools (CircleCi etc...)
- Experience writing scripts to automate build processes etc...
- A strong understanding of potential security and performance issues
- Strong understanding of OWASP principles
- Good soft skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to work well in a small team in a fast-paced environment
You'll join a team where work life balance is not an abstract culture, in fact quite the opposite as remote working has been the norm here for years. There are flexible hours to add to the remote options and the company will fund courses to further your professional development. The office is modern and in an idyllic location should you be in the South Coast of England and there are regular incentives to drive the team forward.What you need to do now
Please apply to this advert directly, or contact Toby Ambrose at Hays using .