An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a forward-thinking Hatfield based business as an office-based debt collector.
ACS is a leading Debt Recovery firm that has seen steady and continuous growth in recent years. This growth has created the requirement for a new Debt Recovery Account Manager to join our team in Hatfield.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Debt Recovery Account Manager, you will be working within the final billed or live collection department. In your new role, you will be contacting debtors, predominantly in relation to gas or electricity supplies, via a variety of methods including phone calls, letters, emails and live chat, to pursue unpaid debts and discuss repayments. Your key responsibilities will involve:
* Manage a diary of accounts from a variety of clients.
* Contact debtors by the effective use of outbound telephone calls, letters, emails and SMS.
* Understand and respond to disputes, queries and/or complaints raised in order to achieve the best outcome for our clients.
* Aware of and act within industry's compliance and regulatory rules.
* Respond to debtor's and client's contact within agreed service standards.
* Negotiate payment plans or settlements in client's best interest.
* Liaise with clients professionally.
Could this be the ideal role for me?
Whilst experience of debt collections, arrears management and/or the utility industry would be useful, it is not essential as full training will be given. To be considered for the role of Debt Recovery Account Manager, you will have:
* A confident, positive and firm manner, whilst remaining polite and professional.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Good listening skills, and an enquiring/questioning/investigative nature.
* Business and commercial awareness.
* Ability to remain professional in all circumstances, especially under pressure.
* Good IT skills with knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to adapt to different situations.
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as a Debt Recovery Account Manager, you can expect to receive a starting salary of £18-20k, subject to experience, plus performance related bonus of up to £6k pa. You'll be working a 35-hour week, normally Monday to Friday, 9 to 5, although flexibility around these times may be required.
As a growing business with a track record of success in the industry this is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that will value your contributions and assist in your development within the firm. Register your interest in the Debt Recovery Account Manager role today by clicking the apply button below