Night's Engineering Team Leader
Nights Team Leader (ENGINEERING)
c£40k with growth plans at site
As the on-shift engineering lead, ensure appropriate engineering resources are always available to the operations function and coordinate these resources to provide the most effective engineering solutions in both planned and unplanned events without impacting EHS or Food Safety/Quality. To take ownership of assigned assets to ensure that the standards are improved and maintained to help deliver plant reliability.
Role / Title
* Execute the shift preventative maintenance plan within agreed time scales and ensure that equipment is returned to service in a safe, hygienic and optimal condition
* Prioritise reactive and proactive work to deliver the most effective outcomes depending on the business needs by liaising with production
* Ensure that business systems such as SAP are being used effectively to ensure accurate data is collected to drive improvement
Job Responsibilities / Key Accountabilities
* Provide effective shift engineering team leadership support by building robust relationships with manufacturing shift management.
* Provide engineering maintenance to manufacturing line assets and attend to any issues arising as part of breakdowns and planned maintenance.
* Monitor Plant Performance and Efficiencies, whilst ensure corrective engineering actions are prioritised and completed.
* Provide and record accurate and timely facts and data for engineering and manufacturing leadership.
* Perform engineering activities in areas of risk including at height, confined space, hot works and COSHH environments.
* Supports with overtime to ensure that there is 100% engineering coverage at all times on site.
* Drive the environmental, health and safety culture to create a healthy and risk free working environment.
* Commit to personal development through application of the PDR process.
* Use root cause analysis to improve asset reliability and reducing line breakdowns.
* Form effective relationships with other shift senior engineers, providing robust ways of working and effective shift handover processes.
* Attend the morning performance accountability meetings and own immediate actions, support the coordinating shift engineering team to action accordingly.
* Support the manufacturing shift management through recommendations, built on facts and data, when a stop & fix approach is required.
* Maintaining a flexible balance between hands on engineering and shift engineering leadership
* Provide support to reduce waste (Cost, Materials, OEE Performance) by the effective management of the on shift engineering resource.
* Ensuring excellent customer service within a rapidly changing and flexible demand for manufacturing prioritisation.
* Arrange and manage external resource through the specific permit process
* Ensure accident investigation, near miss, deviations and CAPA responsible actions are completed on time.
* Lead, motivate and coordinate engineering team with direct management of absence, time & attendance, ensuring that the teams are resourced accordingly.
* Support the Reliability Engineer in delivery of the planned shutdowns or overhauls adhering to effective contactor management processes.
Personal Qualities and Skills
* Recognised Engineering qualification is essential, HNC/HND/degree desirable.
* Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience ideally FMCG
* Flexible, resilient and committed with a right first time attitude
* Demonstrated leadership competencies and experience
* Some knowledge TPM/Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques
* Competent on MS office software
* Siemens S7 experience desirable
* SAP experience desirable