Business Change Manager
Job Summary/Key Tasks:
Working within CTPHQ Change Pillar, the Business Change Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and implementation of the Business Change Framework and methodology, and provision of tools, training, guidance and assurance at portfolio, programme or project level - across the national and London Counter Terrorism & Protective Security (CT & PS) portfolio, including both centrally managed projects and programmes and also those 'business delivered' changes managed at Regional level.
The role will need to work closely with:
1. The project teams to ensure business change activities are fully understood and incorporated into the project implementation plan.
2. Other members of staff within the Portfolio Management Office, especially the Benefits Management Officer(s), and with relevant staff working on Benefits Management within programme/project teams, to ensure that business change is aligned to benefits realisation plans.
3. The CT Change Network, i.e. Regional Change Teams, to ensure that they have the required project information, skills and capability to manage change within their regions, and that the cumulative impact of change at regional level is understood and managed.
4. Business Change resources working within programme/project teams, to ensure that the business change approach aligns to Portfolio methodology and that they are linking in appropriately with the CT Change Network.
5. HR and Communications colleagues within CTPHQ to collectively manage the 'people impacts' of business change across the CT Network.
6. The Strategic Design Authority, to ensure that design is realistically deliverable from a business perspective and that the CT Change Network is engaged in the business assurance of design where appropriate.
Essentials - Experience
• Minimum of 3 years within change management, business change or operational delivery.
• Experience of listening and understanding the needs and experiences of customers and using these to develop solutions or interventions to improve performance and achieve organisational outcomes.
• Qualified Business Change Practitioner (APMG)
• Experience with large programmes.
• Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing is essential.
• A clear understanding and knowledge of CT Policing including London (MPS), National (UK Force wide) and international responsibilities.
• A clear understanding of CT Policing relationships to Government, security and intelligence agencies and legislative process including their governance arrangements.
• Experience managing benefits and enabling realisation.
• Accreditation to change management.
• Training background