Role - Legal Accounts Assistant / Legal Cashier
Location - Northampton
Salary - £18K - £20K+ - dependent on experience.
Our Client is a growing firm with offices in Northampton, Milton Keynes, St. Neots and Baldock. They are now opening a new office in Market Harborough in January 2021 and seeking an addition to their busy Legal Accounts team.
They pride themselves in providing a personal approach to their Clients, providing every client with a named contact, as well as a small support team to facilitate their case as quickly and efficiently as possible.
They focus on high value / quality cases from a range of quality Introducers across the country who continue to provide repeat business due to the quality of service they provide. They aim to provide a more personalised, quality service than some of the mass volume Conveyancing Firms. Junior members of the teams filter all calls and pass only those required to Case Handlers. Allowing them to focus on progressing the case and provide a high quality customer service.
· You must have experience working in a professional and busy environment and ideally some experience within an accounts role and seeking to advance your career.
· You will need to be an outgoing and proactive individual who works well both on their own and in a team.
The role will be developed over time, dependent on a person's knowledge and experience and so the successful candidate can expect to be trained and developed so that they can fulfil as many parts of the role. Initially the Assistant would pick up the lower level of tasks and move on to include the others as they gain knowledge and experience.
To be, as a team member, a comprehensive and quality part of their Accounts department.
1. Develop a very good understanding of Quill Pinpoint - our Legal accounts software
2. Become familiar with Solicitors accounts rules and help ensure these are adhered to on a daily basis
3. To become familiar with the following accounts procedures until able to deal, unsupervised, with all accounts work on a daily basis:
· Post cardnet echits daily
· Post land registry registration echits daily
· Cost transfers: produce spreadsheet and post echits
· Printing and checking of completion packs against ledgers
· Keying payments
· Printing off letters and getting cheques signed by partners and ready to post
· Echit checking
· Telephone/ email enquiries
· Identification and correction of reconciliation mistakes
· Processing refunds via secure trading and bank payments
· Chasing balances
· Understanding of the case management system
· Run and understand reports
· Produce spreadsheets where necessary to aid Legal teams
4. To understand and operate the Company's procedures to avoid fraud or negligence and improve performance standards.
5. From time to time, as required it may be necessary to carry out extra duties in addition to those listed above.
Communication & Working Relationships
Internal - Liaise and work together with the Accounts team members, the team members in the Legal teams and the post completion Department.
External - Liaise with the Agents, Suppliers, Quill Pinpoint cashiering staff.
IN APPLYING PLEASE PROVIDE A PARAGRAPH TO 'SELL YOURSELF' INTO SUCH A ROLE