ABOUT THE ROLE
Liberty Speciality Steels currently seek an experienced Occupational Health professional to head up our Speciality sites at Rotherham and Sheffield, alongside our other outreach sites in Bolton and Wednesbury.
The Head of Occupational Health Services will be responsible for introducing and delivering an Occupational Health strategy for all employees and a number of external organisations, adding value to the business through protection, maintenance and improvement of employee health. The postholder will work alongside senior management teams to coordinate and evaluate specific workplace health, wellbeing, and occupational surveillance programmes.
This post offers a fantastic opportunity to influence strategy and service development, whilst providing clinical and operational leadership. The Head of Occupational Health Services will ensure that the services we currently deliver meet the required standards of proficiency, and will also work to align and improve delivery across all sites. This multi-disciplinary department is committed to achieving and sustaining high quality services, and consists of an Occupational Health Physician, Nurses, and a Physiotherapist, all of whom are supported by an Administrator.
The successful applicant will have up to date knowledge of best evidence-based practice in occupational health legal requirements. They will also require effective leadership and organisational skills. Established skills in Occupational Health are essential, as if experience within a manufacturing/industrial setting. The successful candidate will hold an Occupational Health qualification recorded on part 3 of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head of Occupational Health Services will undertake the following duties and responsibilities;
* Managing an occupational health team, including a physiotherapist and Occupational Physician.
* Formulate, distribute and provide instruction regarding policies and procedures relating to Occupational Health and Safety.
* Ensuring compliance with Legislative requirements, developing knowledge within the team, ensuring evidence based (best) practice and continual improvement of the service and delivery to the business.
* Implementation of targeted health programmes for employees, facilitating the delivery of these programmes across the sites.
* Contributing to the development and review of occupational health policies and procedures.
* Providing a programme of Health Surveillance which is tailored to the individual employee and their associated occupational health risks as identified by the employer.
* Working with management and Health and Safety teams to provide a suitable and sufficient health assessment programme in relation to workplace Occupational Health and Safety risks.
* Ensuring that where there is risk to an employee and/or the business that this is communicated to the relevant disciplines and management.
* Advising management on the effectiveness of controls within the workplace
* Providing systems which will assist managers in the recall of employees for health surveillance and ensure that legislative requirements are being upheld.
* Ensuring that employees who are showing evidence of ill health effects are referred to the appropriate agencies both internal and external.
* Accept, triage, monitor and review referrals for sickness absence or work-related ill health or injury
* To ensure a proactive and collaborative approach with Human Resources and line managers
* Delivering a yearly flu programme for employees.
The Head of Occupational Health Services must hold the following skills and experience;
* Occupational Health qualification recorded on part 3 of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register.
* Previous managerial experience in a similar role within industrial/construction environment
* Significant Occupational Health experience
* Experience in providing comprehensive complex written reports
* Computer literate including Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Have the ability to work to tight deadlines in a safe manner
* Excellent interpersonal communication and organisational skills
* The ability to work under pressure
* The ability to motivate and influence others
* A professional approach with a high level of integrity
A satisfactory enhanced DBS certificate must be provided before a start date can be confirmed.
* 35 days holiday
* Competitive pension scheme
* Company mobile phone and laptop
GREENSTEEL - Come and be a part of our vision for a brighter future for the UK steel industry. Our mission is to transform steel and related manufacturing into a global technology and product leader through our GREENSTEEL strategy. Integral to this plan is sustainability, which drives what we do by using renewable sources where possible to reduce our carbon footprint.
Liberty Speciality Steels, a division of Liberty Steel, plays a significant part to this plan. We are the largest recycler of Steel in the UK and through using Electric Arc Steelmaking, Vacuum Induction Melting, Mill processing and our dedicated service centres, we are able to produce and supply a variety of high-value precision-engineered products for Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Industrial Engineering, Bar and Narrow Strip