On behalf of our client, a growing organisation based in Antrim, we are seeking an Accounts Assistant to cover a 12 month contract.
In the event of a permanent opportunity arising, the successful candidate will be offered the role.
37.5 hours, work Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm. Free parking available.
Salary starting from £22,000 depending on experience. The company also have a range of excellent benefits which will be available to the post holder.
* Minimum five passes at GCSE Level Grade C or above (or equivalent) to include English & Maths;
* Previous experience in a finance/accounting environment is essential;
* Strong numerical skills and strong attention to detail;
* Advanced PC skills, particularly Excel;
* Excellent communication and presentation skills;
* Well organised, with proven time management skills and the ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously.
* Actively working towards a professional accounting qualification (such as CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
* Knowledge of Sage200 Online
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Financial Controller and the Finance Team in the development and maintenance of the organisation's financial information systems. The successful candidate will support the business in all financial reconciliation activities prepared as part of the monthly management accounts.
* Responsible for preparing monthly bank reconciliations for all firmus energy bank accounts including investigation and posting of unreconciled items;
* Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations including but not limited to, the monthly creditors control account reconciliation, including liaising with the Ledger Co-ordinator in investigating anomalies;
* Assisting in the preparation of the monthly schedule of accruals and prepayments including reconciliation to the nominal ledger;
* Support the Accountants within the Finance Team with any other monthly reconciliations or analytical tasks;
* Assist in the preparation of monthly and/or quarterly HMRC reconciliations;
* Assist in the month end process including preparation of Opex accruals and analysis of Opex against budget;
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation at a busy time. The company offer reward and recognition opportunities including career development and bonuses.
• Health Insurance- PHI available after 26 weeks of absence, 75% of basic salary for up to 60 months (subject to acceptance by insurers)
• Sickness Absence- After 12 months service, 26 weeks at full pay, 26 weeks at half pay (subject to medical certification)
• Maternity Leave- 26 weeks full pay, Statutory Maternity Pay thereafter
• Paternity Leave- 5 days full pay and up to 2 weeks SPP
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Gym Subsidy
• Subsidised Eye Care
• Health Care- Annual 'MOT' Health checks & flu jabs.
• Long Service Awards
• 25 days holiday plus 10 stats and 2.5 company days
• Free parking, tea, coffee, coffee dock and breakout area, regular staff events & wellbeing activities
Further details are available to applicants. To express an interest please send your CV to Patricia in by clicking on the link. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer