Trade Mark Attorney required to join our busy and well-respected client in their Colchester Head Office to be part of their Intellectual Property Team. You will be a chartered Trade Mark Attorney with the ambition and commercial acumen to assist in driving the new IP department forward. The role may be adapted to suit either part-time or full-time candidates also looking at a variety of experience levels, from newly qualified upwards. This is an exciting opportunity for a Trade Mark Attorney to join a new team in Colchester with serious ambitions to build and develop a quality IP offering from an already well established and trusted law firm.
* The role will involve marketing and business development and therefore the ideal candidate must be flexible enough to work outside normal office hours when required
* Involved with all aspects of managing the department's portfolio including domestic and international filing, prosecuting, monitoring of trademarks as well as opposition and cancellation work.
* You will ideally have some experience of drafting license agreements.
* Expect to get a varied diet of contentious and non-contentious work.
* You will be passionate to deliver succinct, high-quality advice with excellent client and team communication skills.
* You will be a chartered trademark attorney with the ambition and commercial acumen to assist in driving the new IP department forward.
* Have own vehicle as well as a clean driving licence.
* The ideal candidate will also have an eye for detail, work with high levels of accuracy
* Possess the ability to work under pressure whilst prioritising effectively
* The company are prepared to consider applications from a variety of experience levels.
Benefits to you
* Salary £40,000 - £70,000
* Holiday 25 days holidays
* Extensive training will be provided.
* Entitled to the Firm's Permanent Health Insurance and Death in Service Schemes and the Firm's Private Health Scheme upon commencement of employment
* Enrolment in the Firm's Workplace Pension Scheme upon completion of three months employment and subject to the rules of the scheme.
* Opportunity to work or a leading very recognised law firm
* Lovely working environment