AJ Chambers are working alongside a leading independent accountancy firm based in High Wycombe who are seeking an Audit Manager.
Our client prides themselves on being a highly respected company, who have a friendly approach towards their clients and employees.
* Managing a varied portfolio of clients, to involve communicating engagement progress, problems, financial information, and other business concerns
* Day to day management of the Corporate Services Group: training, mentoring, and developing team members
* Reviewing assignments and working papers, providing constructive feedback to team members
* Participating in networking and building client relationships
* Taking responsibility for achieving engagement profitability - billings and collections
* Supporting the partners with business development activities, client tender processes
* Supporting team members and clients, at times across multiple offices, in a role that has a requirement for flexible working hours including additional hours when required
The Ideal Candidate:
* You must be ACCA/ACA qualified or QBE, with a significant level of recent UK practice experience relevant to audit.
* Strong technical knowledge of corporate accounting and audit matters (e.g. UK GAAP, FRS102, IFRS) coupled with a proven ability to act as a technical resource and point of the first reference for other team members.
* Good all-round knowledge of CCH software would be an advantage. Competent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
* Previous experience in leading audit teams including training, mentoring, and supervising staff in their day-to-day work.
* Capable of managing multiple deadlines and delegating work effectively within a team.
* A thorough, self-motivated, and tenacious approach to work, with an expert eye for detail.
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Jess Dodman at AJ Chambers.
Audit Manager - High Wycombe