Lead the Housing and Property Category within the wider Procurement team for approximately 3-4 months during recruitment for a permanent replacement.
• Monitor and report on multiple projects including the Housing 2020 programme of multiple workstreams and the major Brixton Central regeneration
• Engage and advise stakeholders including directorate staff up to Strategic Director, partners and technical consultants to ensure robust procurement and sound governance
• Manage, support and advise a team of five undertaking the procurement processes for a variety of OJEU procurement processes and framework call offs
• Focus is on pre-procurement and tendering, contract management is carried out by a separate team
• Contribute to the wider management of the Procurement and Contract Management team including improvement projects
1. Play a key role in shaping and implementing the procurement strategy for the category with a focus on collaborative working and partnering.
2. Lead a professional category team to plan tendering projects and to negotiate and deliver value for money contracts.
3. Develop and deliver a programme for procurement that meets service timescales, facilitates the delivery of improved services, achieves value for money and is in keeping with the Council's priorities.
4. Provide leadership, expert advice and implement procurement best practice to deliver tendering projects across the category.
5. Implement modern contract and relationship management practices across the category, working with end users, colleagues and suppliers.
Person Specification/Selection Criteria
Educated to degree level and a professional procurement qualification e.g. CIPS
Substantial knowledge of current policy issues affecting local authorities in relation to contract procurement
Detailed knowledge of contract management, supplier relationships and monitoring processes, pricing and financial mechanisms, risk management techniques and contingency planning.
Detailed knowledge and working experience of managing tendering processes and projects, pricing and financial mechanisms, risk management techniques and contingency planning.
Substantial experience defining business needs and identifying principle demands and cost drivers for services
Experience of procuring complex and business critical contracts and services within a public sector environment
Please apply below