Do you have a passion for newsletters, social media and audience engagement?
Do you want to work with some of the fastest growing newsbrands in the UK?
We're recruiting an Engagement Editor to help us develop a more open, transparent and meaningful relationship with readers of The Yorkshire Post and Yorkshire Evening Post.
The engagement editor is the bridge between our content and our readers, stimulating debate in our comment sections, explaining the stories on social media and writing to our subscribers about the things that matter to them.
You'll be a team player and natural collaborator, comfortable working in a fast paced environment, you'll also have an intuitive understanding of how tone changes when engaging with our readers in different ways.
Who we are looking for:
* Someone with an excellent understanding and experience of using social media channels, both to distribute content and communicate with the audience.
* Someone who understands the tools available to communicate with a loyal, paying audience
* A strong team player and natural collaborator.
* A content marketer comfortable working in a fast paced environment and responding quickly to opportunities.
* An excellent writer and editor with great understanding of the importance of tone.
* Someone with good organisational skills
* Someone able to understand and react to digital analytics
* An experienced journalist or content marketer
* Experience of building and delivering newsletters to a highly engage audience
* Experience in curating and refreshing homepages
* Accurate and engaging writer
* Able to create and present information in an engaging way
* Great people skills
* Understanding of media law and editor's code of conduct
* Candidates with knowledge and experience of using analytics tools such as Crowdtangle and Google Analytics, Parse.ly or similar.
JPIMedia is committed to being an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We will consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. We encourage and consider flexible working arrangements for all roles