One of the largest housing associations in the UK are looking for a Development Planning and Forecasting Manager to join as a member of the Development Planning and Forecasting team. Based in London and reporting to the Head of Development Planning and Forecasting, this is initially for 3 to 6 months with the potential to go permanent.
Initially managing a team of 2, assisting in the delivery in a timely manner of the following key work streams of the Development Planning and Forecasting team :
1 - Review an interrogation of a monthly cash flow forecast for Treasury
Critical to managing liquidity policy. Accurate forecasting is required to allow Treasury to make well informed decisions in respect of future funding.
Ensuring the necessary month end checks and reviews are in place so that the data for the cash flow (drawn from Pamwin) is robust.
2 - Assist in the 5 year budget plan for Latimer, the private-led development vehicle for Clarion
Presented to the Latimer Board, so confidence in the accuracy of the forecasting is key.
Ultimately, this is something that we will seek this role to lead on.
3 - Co-ordinate to the completion of numbers for the HCA (Regulator) return, and manage other data requests
Manage and deliver information for the return that is well supported and would be capable of being rigorously audited if required.
Manage data requests submitted by internal customers, as well as those by external customers
4 - Review and appraisal of projects ahead of submission to IC, and production of the Development Monitoring Report
Commercially appraise papers from Development and interrogate their assumptions.
Production of Finance tables and related information for inclusion in IC papers.
5 - Manage the complete contractor review process
Present the contractor risk report of the organisation at the weekly contractor risk meeting with the senior stakeholders.
6 - Maintenance of Pamwin appraisal system
Be a Pamwin champion, and ensure the data is cleansed on a monthly basis.
Monitor that the necessary monthly checks are carried out by you and your team to ensure that Pamwin data remains current.
Responsible of overseeing accurate upload of data to the Pamwin system on a monthly basis
7 - Production of Pipeline graphs
Experience and pre-qualification criteria
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to explain Finance-related matters clearly to non-Finance staff.
- Full understanding of Investment appraisals and extensive commercial awareness in order to be undertake a comprehensive review Investment Committee papers.
- Ability to understand development schemes and knowledge of how debt funding works are required for the production of the Latimer LTFP.
- A deep knowledge of joint ventures in order to utilise this knowledge when building the LTFP.
- Detailed knowledge of how to undertake scenario testing analysis when requested by Development or Senior Management.
- Extensive experience and understanding of pamwin is critical to this role.
- Ability to drive quality and process improvements within the team and deliver lasting change.
- Strong IT skills specifically Pamwin (critical), Brixx and Excel.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and empower two direct reports initially, but with the intention of growing the team in the future.