CareTech is a principled service provider working to deliver high quality, personalised care and support within a strongly person centred approach. We support adults with complex needs and care for children and young people, offering carefully designed programmes in specialist centres, many of which have schools attached.
The Group requires a Finance Manager for our Finance department working across the entire business but will be primarily focussed on the Adult division. The primary objective of the role is to support the Finance team in ensuring that the Group's monthly financial position and performance is accurately reported in line with reporting deadlines. The role has three direct reports and oversees their training and development.
* Assist the Head of Management Accounts with the Group's month end close processes.
* Work closely with senior management in developing the reporting processes, controls, and systems.
* Review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts across the Group.
* Support the preparation of relevant and timely financial information to the Executive Board and Senior Leadership Team to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the Group's strategy and objectives.
* Ensure that meaningful and accurate variance analysis is delivered on a monthly basis to assist stakeholders in better understanding the performance of the business.
* Support the wider business in all areas of operational finance to ensure that the needs of the business are met at all times.
* Managing day to day operational relationships within the team. Direct line manager for three accountants (part-qualified or QBE).
* Assist in maintaining and improving internal controls to ensure compliance with the Group's accounting policies.
* Assist with external audit queries and year-end processes.
Experience and Skills Required
* Big 4 ACA Qualified Accountant with 1-2 years of post-qualified. Newly qualified candidates and other accounting qualifications (ACCA and CIMA) will be considered.
* Previous line management experience and a background in developing staff.
* Ability to communicate with the Board and non-financial individuals alike.
* Self-starter with the ability to identify issues and use initiative to solve problems.
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Hands on with a pragmatic, solutions-based approach.
* Excellent system skills including Excel