We are recruiting for a Project Resource Manager for a Management Consultancy. This role will start asap and will be for approx 3-6 months.
Duties: Key Responsibilities of the Project Resource Manager:
- Drive an effective partnership with country leaders, consulting leaders and team leaders (within assigned countries) and infuse productive resourcing practices into sales and delivery processes
- Partner with solution and market leaders to understand the composition of the regional talent pool and identify opportunities to optimise resourcing
- Stay current in understanding the organisational matrix (solutions, markets, geos, lines of business, internal functions) and be up to date on changes as they occur
- Work in close partnership with other key internal functions
- Monitor solution trends and developments and share this among appropriate teams and leaders
- Know your talent pool including numbers, individual skill profiles/interests, group skill gaps/surpluses, potential training needs
- Constantly evaluate the needs of the Firm, Region, Office, Client and Consultant in determining the right staffing solutions, contractor vs. FTE tradeoff
- Manage client team expectations through appropriate information sharing and education
- Understand the staffing need fully, and in the unique context of the client/solution, determining consultant 'success profile' for Advisory's various offerings
- Think appropriately outside immediate talent pools for the right opportunity for others
- Hand requests to appropriate groups within RM where necessary following globally agreed processes
- Help expose new or unknown talents to engagement teams, advocating for their capability to be successful in a new environment
- Onboard new consultants, educating them on how to effectively partner with RM
- Seek and provide feedback; maintain an ongoing feedback loop with consultants and people managers on performance; utilise information to enhance development opportunities for consultants moving forwards
- Appreciate fully the need to adjust staffing approach to the needs and cultural norms of different countries
Understanding the Business
- Apply your knowledge of the professional services industry and how publicly listed consulting firms operate (e.g., contract-to-cash, business development cycles, project delivery cycles, billable hours, time entry, quarterly reporting etc.) to staffing
- Review and monitor monthly reports, including but not limited to utilisation reporting, pipeline, solution specific reporting, backlog
- Leverage business and financial acumen to understand the implications of bill rates, fees, priority work etc.
- Understand our clients, what they do, what they need and how we are helping them
- Demonstrate strong commercial awareness when reporting to stakeholders: utilisation, monitoring and investigating discrepancies between the data, and providing insight to the leadership teams, highlighting any potential concerns
This resource Manager role will start asap and will pay the equivalent of 35 - 45K per annum.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 5 working days.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.