If you would like to join a team who are passionate about working with exciting brands, giving them the freedom to grow and achieve more then AFP could be the place for you.
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Accounts Team LeaderKey Responsibilities.
Managing a team of Financial Accountants and Accounts Assistants, reporting to the Head of Financial Accounts you will:
- Provide technical and professional expertise and leadership to your team
- Manage performance of individual team members
- Be responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of client financial processes as required
- To proactively support the team's learning and development both technically and commercially
- To manage performance of the team members through setting objectives, monitoring and reviewing progress and completion of monthly one to ones staff assessment and appraisals
- Effectively manage absence and performance issues within the team
- Provide encouragement to team members, including identifying areas for new training/up-skilling
- Assisting management with hiring processes and new member training, along with succession planning
- To support the Head of Financial Accounts and perform management duties in their absence as and when required
- Conduct regular team meetings to update the team on best practice and continuing expectations
- Ability to prioritise and organise workloads to ensure personal and departmental deadlines are adhered to.
- Experience of working in a finance or accounts environment
- Ability to lead, manage and support a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, solve problems and prioritise workload
- Good working knowledge of accounting software (Quickbooks, Xero and Sage)
- Able to support, inspire, motive others and lead by example
- Ability to remain calm and focussed under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities (you will be working on multiple accounts for various clients with various accountancy packages)
- Effective communication - internally and externally
- Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Qualified by experience or qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- Experience in leading people effectively, operating within a similar Team Leader role or Senior Leader role
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience and working knowledge of MS Office Excel
- Have worked with accounting software preferably Quickbooks, Xero and Sage
Our busy HQ is located in Kettering, Northamptonshire. working in a open plan space because we believe people communicate better that way, with meeting rooms if you need some privacy.
There's a nifty little kitchen dinner for lunch breaks, and two chill out areas. We encourage everyone to take an hour away from their desks, whether its to catch up with workmates, or to wander into town to switch off for an hour
Our office hours are 9am to 5.30pm with flexible working available. We have free parking on site.
We are a friendly sociable bunch and offer alot of fantastic perks, whether its yoga, football or attending one of our fabulous parties there is something for everyone. If you fancy a few extra days holiday, we offer an option to buy more days. These are just some of the fantastic perks of working at AFP.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE