Altum are currently supporting a private equity backed hospitality business to find them best in class Group Financial Controller, a key senior member of the Group Finance function responsible for both the timely and accurate reporting of the Group's management and statutory accounts. The company is a fantastic organisation to work for with am international reputation, this role will be based in their Woking head office.
- Develop and maintain various accounting systems, processes and financial controls necessary to produce monthly management accounts, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Ownership of the consolidation process of the companies 100
- Produce required statutory accounts and supporting in accordance with IFRS
- Produce monthly Balance Sheet variance analysis and commentary with related supporting schedules. Including attending monthly close meetings, with the ability to articulate clearly key movements and the commercial impact of numbers posted
- Business Partner to the Affiliate Finance Directors across the Group to support them and work hand in hand to review and improve their local processes and controls
- Ensure the completeness of reporting information and supporting audit evidence for financial audits to quality standards and within tight deadlines
- Support the Head of Group Reporting in ad hoc tasks and investigations, seeing these through individually to resolution
- Identify risks and provide the appropriate solutions along with the ability to implement those solutions with the help of the wider finance team and business
- Professional with relevant transferable skills gained from working within multinational or complex organisations; ACA or equivalent qualified
- Robust knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Experience in preparing UK statutory accounts
- Experience working with large ERP accounting and reporting system; Cognos preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- A track record of personal growth through exceeding expectations and objectives
The ideal candidate will be ACA qualified with a top 10 accounting practice and have experience working in the Group Finance team of an international business, you will also need to be happy being in the office in Woking approx. 3 days per week when things return to normal.