A great opportunity for an experienced and Senior FP&A candidate to join a growing business who is moving their business model to a divisional set up with group reporting. This is a business critical role and therefore we are looking for the role to start as soon as possible. Think Accountancy and Finance are pleased to be supporting the Finance Director exclusively in finding the right candidate to fulfil this position.
The successful candidate will be qualified and have a number of years experience within an FP&A role that has included Group reporting. Due to the urgency of the position, we are ideally looking for someone immediately available or with a short notice period to start in a temporary to permanent or permanent capacity.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Have overall responsibility for the review of group actual financial and operational reporting
- Provide the group and stakeholders with comprehensive information to aid decisions made around M&A
- Merger and Acquisition support and contract/tender submissions. Challenging cases and assisting in due diligence
- Business Planning - Budget and Forecasting
- Share best practice to drive margin improvement through implementation of a "question and challenge" culture
- To provide full and comprehensive Board Packs and Bank Packs
- Coordinating the monthly performance review process including detailed reviews of monthly financial performance
- Operational performance analysis including variances vs budget, forecasts vs prior years
- 3 year budget/business plans
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Qualified accountant with 5 years PQE
- Be able to demonstrate experience of working at strategic level in a large organization with group reporting
- Performance reporting at all levels for the Board
- Experience of UK GAAP
- Disciplined at Month end timetables
- Expert Excel Skills
- Qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills
- Committed to outstanding delivery
- Strong attention to detail
- Confidence in asking the challenging questions
- Able to hit the ground running.
This role will allow for flexible working but you will be required in the office for regular meetings with the Finance Director.
Think Accountancy and Finance is the finance division of Think Specialist Recruitment, an independent recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent, temporary and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Finance Admin, Part Qualified Finance, Qualified Finance, Credit Control and Bookkeepers.