The Risk and Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing the Risk and Compliance team and report to the Chief Operating Officer, working closely with the MLRO and other internal and external stakeholders.
The Risk and Compliance Manager will deal with day to day operational matters that ensure the smooth running of the Risk and Compliance Team.
The main responsibilities:
Skills and experience:
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the firm's compliance with all statutory and professional obligations in relation to the Money Laundering Regulations, the Bribery Act, the Criminal Finances Act, the Data Protection Act (and the GDPR) and the conflict/confidentiality aspects of the SRA Code of Conduct.
- Draft Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) for review and sign off by the MLRO
- Deal with daily queries regarding data protection and privacy, anti-money laundering compliance and related client money transfer issues;
- Receive reports or concerns from Fee Earners concerning AML suspicious activity and decide whether these need to be reported to the MLRO
- Ensure the firm's AML procedures are appropriate and kept up to date and make recommendations for improvement
- Compile an annual review of the firms AML compliance.
- Chair the Operational Risk Committee.
- Manage and maintain the Operational Risk Register.
- Arrange and give training and information to staff about financial crime issues (such as anti-money laundering compliance, anti-bribery and corruption etc.), data protection and privacy, conflicts of interest, client confidentiality and cyber security.
- Oversee the conflict checking process and assist with analysing conflicts of interest
- Oversee the firm's accreditations.
- Develop a strong, well-informed, multi-skilled and well-trained team.
- Excellent knowledge of the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations, Bribery Act 2010 and associated legislation
- Excellent knowledge of conflict and client confidentiality aspects of the SRA Code of Conduct
- Good knowledge of the Data Protection legislation and regulations
- Ability to keep abreast of the latest rules, laws and regulations of the SRA.
- Understanding of risk as applied to a legal business
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
This is a full-time permanent position in a fantastic firm and team.
The firm also offers great benefits including 5 weeks holiday, days off for your birthday and charity, a rewarding pensions scheme and not forgetting two bonus schemes.
Please contact Rowena Bubb of Lewis Row Recruitment if you wish to seek further information.