Reed Finance area delighted to be working with a highly regarded Property & Legal firm in search of Chartered Accountant to join their team.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for candidates with strong experience in the operation of financial control, month end and balance sheet accounting. Candidates must hold an Accountancy Qualification for this role, and it is also essential to have strong experience in building budget & forecasting models.
My client is ideally looking for a 'Self-Starter', with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills. Is this You?
Please find the key duties and accountabilities below which is just a snapshot of what is on offer with this varied role
- Ensure financial processes, systems and strong controls are operated effectively to manage the financial risk of the firm and related entities. Establish new controls as required to identify discrepancies and prevent errors
- Ensure financial records are maintained and are reconciled to client ledger
- Overseeing/reviewing and ensuring reconciliations are completed for the sales ledger, purchase ledger and ensure all general ledger entries are correctly reflected in the finance system and monthly reporting
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports including year-end financial accounts, monthly management information, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts.
- Examine financial reports and data closely, working with budget owners to identify trends, and explain variances between actual and budget figures and variances from agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPls) and challenge where necessary to aid in decision-making.
- Develop and maintain a financial model for budgets and forecasts, establishing annual budgets based on key business drivers
- Monitor and manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Preparation/review of bank payments
- Liaise with accounting and tax advisors, providing them with year-end accounts information for the firm and other related entities
- Handling VAT, Payroll, PAYE and tax duties, including VAT return preparation and partnership tax adjustments
- Qualified Accountant
- Payroll PAYE & VAT Calculations
- Highly Analytical
- Ability to liaise with key stakeholders
If this fantastic role is an opportunity you feel you would be applicable for then please contact Roddy Mackenzie - or apply via this web ad