*** The health and wellbeing of our client's associates is of the upmost importance to them. If you are invited to attend an interview you will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire, and our client would ask that you do not attend any interviews or assessments on site if you are self-isolating or if anyone in your household, including yourself, are displaying any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
Our client will be making the necessary adjustments to their recruitment processes to ensure they follow Government guidance which could result in recruitment taking longer than they would like, thank you for your patience and understanding while our client adapt their ways of working during this time ***
£Competitive Salary Plus Excellent Benefits
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday, 08:30-17:30
(A degree of flexibility is required in order to meet the demands of the business)
Our client is looking for a Management Accountant to join the team at their Spalding depot.
As a Management Accountant, you will be producing the management accounts and commentary for key areas of the business.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing Systems support, maintenance and development for all systems controlled by the Finance department
- Presenting and explaining financial performance for your area to the Senior Managers as required
- Proactively identifying and delivering best practice processes improvements (efficiency, control or reporting)
- Advising operational managers on the correct accounting treatment for transactions
- Assisting and supplying information to auditors for annual audit
- Owning the accounting for designated cost centres, nominal codes or balance sheet codes (e.g. Revenue, Commercial Vehicles, Trailers, Agency, Subcontractor costs) including:
- Reviewing spend and invoices
- Working with Operational Owners / Managers to understand, challenge and correctly account for business performance
- Completing financials for weekly Flash and month end
- Preparing and posting journals
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Prepare detailed explanation of performance compared to budget / forecast. Identify Risks and Opportunities to forecast
- Identifying profit improvement opportunities
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
Our client is a multi award winning supply chain specialist working with retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers across the UK. They live by a simple set of values: to delight their customers, maximise their efficiency, be socially responsible and to promote being an employer of choice.
Most importantly, they wouldn't be able to deliver the highest quality service to their customers without dedicated and knowledgeable colleagues. This is why they strive to create a working environment that is enjoyable and allows their colleagues to continually grow and progress in their careers.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
To join our client as a Management Accountant, you will need:
- To be a Qualified Accountant - CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- A minimum of 3 years' experience of management / financial accounting
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to create and develop spreadsheets using functions (pivot tables, lookups etc.) or macros to automate and improve accounting
- The ability to proactively identify and implement process improvements
- Strong knowledge of accounting regulations, procedures and current legislation
- Strong attention to detail and ability to review and spot errors / queries
- A continuous improvement mentality - with the ability to identify and implement at pace process improvements (improving control / efficiency / insight)
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work
- Team player with the desire to work with and challenge appropriately finance and operational colleagues
- Analytical skills with the ability to make judgements from data and then work with the business through to conclusion
- Proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
It would be desirable if you had:
- Experience of working within a FMCG or Logistics environment
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Our client believes their employees are the driving force behind their success, which is why they offer a wide range of benefits which include - but are not limited to - the following:
- Free Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free life insurance as an employee equal to three times your basic salary
- Competitive pension scheme
- 'Cycle 2 Work' Scheme - save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike and necessary equipment
- Recognition schemes for exceptional employees - monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers
Apply now and join our client on the road to success!
Other organisations may call this role Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Cost Accountant, Finance Accountant, or Financial Accountant.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.