We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for a Teaching Assistant to become a key member of our Additional Learning Support department
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- taking responsibibility for providing support to learners with the learning difficulties and/or disabilities in all aspects of the college curriculum.
- providing overall care of the learner and enable him/her to access the college facilities and develop independence within the wider community.
- being an active member of the Foundation/ main college team and to assist in the development of individual programmes and the assessment of student progress.
Our ideal candidates will have working knowledge of Learner Support post 16 and experience of working with students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Learner Support Certificate or equivalent or/ willing to work towards
- Educated to Level 2 in Maths and English
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form,Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type -.Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
37 hours per week (0.76578 FTE) / 36 weeks per year
£18,188, per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.