About the team:
The Operational Risk team provides specialist support and oversight of the Group risk and controls. The team works with all operational business areas and provide focused reporting into various Committees within the Group. They are proud to have such a wide range of skills, knowledge and experience within the team and this role provides a great opportunity to be part of a proactive team.
This role can be based at either our Chatham or Wolverhampton offices. Please note this is an initial 6 month fixed term contract with the view to extend on a monthly basis after this time depending on business requirements, up to 18 months. Please also note we are looking for an immediate start.About us:
At OneSavings Bank, we're proud to be an award-winning bank, with great customer satisfaction scores.
We began trading as a bank in 2011 and were admitted to the main market of the London Stock Exchange in 2014, joining the FTSE 250 in June 2015. So we've had a really strong start and that's because we have great people, great products and a deep understanding of our markets.
In the simplest terms, we're a specialist lender which is supported by our stable retail savings franchise, who has over 150 years of heritage behind them (Kent Reliance).
OneSavings Bank Plc acquired Charter Court Financial Services Group Plc (CCFS) and its subsidiary businesses on 4 October 2019. They have three complementary brands: Charter Savings Bank; Precise Mortgages; Exact Mortgage Experts.What you will be doing:
The key purpose of this role is to initiate, develop and champion Operational Risk Framework practices across the business in relation to integration activity across the Group, contributing positively and enhancing the business' operational risk culture. Also, to carry out Second Line of Defence controls monitoring and reporting activities. To provide input, challenge and accurate reporting in a timely manner and to a high standard.
Your responsibilities will include...
In return for your commitment:
- Provide support and input to the Group Director of Operational Risk in the maintenance and embedding of the CCFS Operational Risk Management Framework for Group Integration activity
- Work with the First Line business areas to maintain robust and efficient processes, providing Second Line of Defence support, oversight, guidance and training where required
- Assist in the production of the monthly reporting packs and quarterly Board Risk Committee packs
- Deliver Operational Risk based training and support to the business where required, for example workshops, individual or team sessions
- Contribute and support the ICAAP as part of the Operational Risk team
- Deliver a programme of independent Second Line reviews of Operational Risks and Controls to identify any control deficiencies or improvements for Integration activity
- Undertake Root Cause Analysis where major or significant Events occur which could affect the overall control environment
- Design and present focused reports to the Operational Risk Management Committee
We offer a base salary dependent on experience of between £45,000-60,000 and a competitive benefits package including:
Could you be the one?
- 15% discretionary bonus opportunity
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 8% pension contribution, 4x salary life assurance, access to private medical insurance and a medical cash plan
- Additional access to season ticket loan scheme, cycle purchase scheme, holiday buy/sell scheme, employee perk portals and save as you earn scheme.
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience and knowledge set out below:
What to do next
- Experience in an Operational Risk Management role is essential, with previous experience of implementing Operational Risk frameworks within a broader Integration programme
- Previous experience of working within Financial Services, with sound knowledge of Mortgage Regulatory Frameworks and up to date knowledge of FCA requirements
- Strong Project and Change Management knowledge
- Previous experience of Risk assessment and measurement methodology
If this sounds like you, please apply now! For internal applications, please visit the internal careers page to apply.
Alternatively, if you wish to have an informal and confidential chat about this role please contact us on
If shortlisted from your initial application we operate a personalised recruitment process. Interviews are a two way street, we aim for them to be relevant and conversational to get the best out of you!
As a combined group, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic. We provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process and pro-actively offer and make reasonable adjustments as and when required.
We recognise that flexible working opportunities can be of benefit to both employees and the organisation, improving work-life balance and enabling the business to attract and retain skilled and valued employees. Please speak to us about how this could work for you .
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK and be willing to undertake the relevant pre-employment screening checks should your application be successful.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.