Quality Inspector Job in Leicester. 25K-28K per annum Your new company
Established in the 1920's, this company continues to go from strength to strength. They remain a family owned business with a passion for quality and a reputation for delivering projects to the exacting requirements of their clients, whilst ensuring the experience and career aspirations of their workforce is to the highest of industry standards.Your new role
You will perform quality control inspections of shop fabrications in line with production output, with focus on completed work prior to dispatch. Emphasis on dimensional and quantity checks. Your main duties will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Using drawings, self-perform quality control inspections of shop fabrications which includes fit-up, dimensional checks, quantities and overall quality.
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports as required by the company's quality procedures.
- Using load list/delivery notes, check all components are present.
- Identify problems and non-conformances and report to the relevant Supervisor. As required, advise and report to production management.
- Carry out inspections in line with production schedules with focus on work completion and delivery dates.
- Self-manage workload, working to own initiative, but within the parameters of the production schedule.
- Assist in customer visits and inspections as required by production management.
- Liaise with project and contract managers as required.
- Attend meetings with Production to understand the product or package of work.
- Familiarisation of customer specifications and ITPs so they are reflected in inspection activities (e.g. hold points).
- Liaise with Project Managers and Contract Managers and ensure special requirements or key critical tolerances are taken into account.
- Address any issues raised by findings and report back to Production and all concerned to help us improve as a business.
- Communication with Project Managers, Contract Managers and the production management team
- Using relevant instruments, carry out spot-check paint and galvanising thickness checks.
You will be an experienced Quality Inspector with a background in steel fabrication and welding. You can demonstrate the ability to read and interpret structural steel shop drawings and to use IT systems and maintain QA/QC records. You have strong communication skills and you feel able to deal with stakeholders at all levels of business. You ave excellent diligence and attention to detail and the ability to work on your own initiative and self-manage your workload.What you'll get in return
You will be offered a salary of 25k-28k depending on the level of your experience.There is also an extensive benefits package. There is plenty of opportunity for you to develop your skills and build a career within the company, where you will be offered training and development opportunities that best suit the path you want to take.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.