Chief Technology Officer role at Tic:Toc (this role is based in Adelaide, Australia and would require relocation from the UK)
- Senior leadership role in an awarded and world-leading fintech
- Be a key part of Tic:Toc's growth story, as we scale our Enterprise and Home Loans streams
- National head office in Adelaide, awarded Australia's most liveable city 2020
- A rare and career defining opportunity for an experienced development manager to step into organisational leadership or a seasoned CTO to make their mark
Faster. Smarter. Simpler.
Tic:Toc is a world-leading fintech company, based in Adelaide. We use technology and Explainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI) to reimagine financial services processes and create superior experiences for our customers. And we're growing fast.
You will find an environment waiting for you that is creative, friendly and a lot of fun. We are passionate about what we do and it shows.
Tic:Toc expects and supports you to challenge traditional thinking and take risks. We are straight-talking and our team is full of bold, brave and energised talent.The Position
This exciting position has been created as we expand our strategic focus to further develop the B2B Enterprise business stream, in addition to scaling our direct to customer digital home loan offering. The incumbent CTO, one of our founding team members, while continuing to be an integral member of the Tic:Toc team, is leaving the Adelaide Head Office to return home to Perth and work remotely. This has created an opportunity for us to broaden our technology and leadership team at a senior level.
As the Chief Technology Officer, your focus will be to contribute to and inform Tic:Toc's technology and broader strategy.
This role will lead the build, socialisation, and maintenance of our solution architecture across private and public cloud, based on industry best practices. You will also lead the development of high-quality software products within a competitive commercial framework, with excellent customer experiences in mind.
Working closely with the CEO, the Chief Product Officer (CPO) and the broader organisation, you will be an integral part of Tic:Toc's leadership team. With extensive experience in SaaS product development and leading development teams, you will help shape the strategy, planning, and execution of the Delivery roadmap & OKR's.Your Key Accountabilities
The Successful Candidate
- Work collaboratively with your peers to develop and execute on the businesses' strategic plan.
- In collaboration with the CPO, lead the strategy, planning, and execution of the Delivery roadmap & OKR's.
- Bravely contribute to the future direction of the organisational architecture and software products.
- Use your development manager experience to coach and mentor team members, enabling a high performing culture.
- Lead, scope, and implement IT solutions, on time and to budget - to further enhance Tic:Toc's products and customer experience, and to maximise business returns.
- Implement techniques that increase collaboration and transparency and promote Agile working.
- Ensure testing is coordinated and of a high quality, to enable us to achieve scheduled milestones, including our vision for continuous delivery.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of business assets, information, data and IT services through clearly defined policies and standards.
- Plan the implementation of new proprietary technologies and third-party systems and provide guidance to our IT professionals and other staff within the organisation on the 'why' as well as the 'what'.
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organisation to ensure optimal performance.
To be successful in the role, you will need to:
What's in it for you?
- Ideally have formal qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Finance/Banking, Computer Science, or other relevant technical discipline, or extensive relevant experience.
- Have a strong understanding of SaaS and financial services products as well as the legal, compliance and regulatory environment of the industry.
- Be an advisor in technology development and architecture to support business growth.
- Have extensive IT management experience, preferably in SaaS product development and / or financial services scale up organisations.
- Have a proven track record in leading at the Enterprise Level with strong people leadership skills together with passion, to drive performance, diversity, and delivery through others.
- Possess excellent communication, presentation and senior level stakeholder management skills.
- Have solid experience in shaping and translating a technology-enabled vision into delivery of successful business outcomes.
- Coaching of diverse technical development teams, including defining and executing a strategic approach to scale a fast growing technology team.
- Competitive remuneration that aligns with market rate.
- A generous employee share plan, linked to the achievement of Tic:Toc's strategic goals.
- Join a scaling Fintech organisation who are at the leading edge of product development in the financial services industry.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undergo screening checks in accordance with financial services best practice.