What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
The position is for a VB.Net developer to join our thriving Supply Chain department. Reporting to the team lead you will be influential in the design and enhancement of our production management, warehousing and distribution solutions. This is in response to significant growth in this area due to COVID-19.
You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team. You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic company. You will be expected to mentor more junior members of the team, contribute to planning sessions and architect technical solutions as well as guide the technical evolution of products.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Collaborate with product owners to design innovative solutions to complex business problems
• Manage your own timescales to deliver work as part of a team according to estimates
• Focus on quality of implementation to reduce maintenance overhead
• Assessing risk for coding tasks
• Endeavouring at all times to ensure all code is efficient in terms of speed and economy
• Implementing automated unit and UI tests where appropriate
• Pair programming
• Code reviewing other developers work, providing constructive feedback, advising on best practice & coding standards
• Testing other developers work
• Integration with both internal and external API's
• Creating technical documentation when required
• Managing and tracking work done in JIRA
• Providing progress updates during daily SCRUM meetings
• Providing estimates for coding tasks, small and large in size
• Contribute to the continuous improvement process
• Communicate and interact effectively with the team
As a well-rounded Software Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Commercial experience programming in c#, VB.Net or similar
• Commercial experience developing SQL Server databases
• A good understanding of T-SQL (working with data, procedures, query optimisation and indexing etc.)
• Experience of developing .NET windows forms applications is beneficial
• Experience of developing .NET windows services applications is beneficial
• Experience of developing Visual Basic 6 applications would be beneficial to help us migrate from that stack.
• Experience in working in an agile / lean development environment
• Experience of using issue tracking/project management tools (such as JIRA) to estimate and progress through work items on agreed backlogs
• Proven track record of working with clients to understand their requirements and offer robust solutions
• Experience of the warehousing domain is beneficial
• Experience of the manufacturing domain is beneficial
• Excellent command of written and spoken English (if recruiting from abroad)
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• Opportunity for remote working
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain