As our new Technical Manager, you'll be responsible for CDM Principal Designer duties whilst ensuring technical outputs meet the requirements of the Totex Delivery Process as well as meeting project affordability within timescales agreed with the project team. As a visible and hands on leader, you'll regularly provide technical support during assembly as required.
* Deliver complete designs to meet project requirements whilst embracing technological advancements and help achieve the aim of fully attributed 3D models for every project to facilitate the manipulation of data
* Develop and embed standard products, quality standards, collaborative working approaches and the Risk, Opportunity & Value process to optimise performance and reputation
* Drive and champion excellence in Health & Safety by completing required audits and documentation and never compromising anyone's safety during projects
* Plan the technical aspects of project by liaising with Lead Project Managers, Integrated Project Leaders and Discipline Heads; paying attention to correct resource allocation to meet project demands
* Effectively manage a wide-range of diverse stakeholder groups by acting as the trusted and visible technical link between Operations, Construction and Commissioning
* Provide an environment where individuals can thrive and develop to enhance the overall team's performance by continuously pushing the boundaries to consistently outperform
A little bit about your skills, experience and behaviours....
To join the team, you'll hold a degree, HNC or HND in Engineering and have experience in a technical role and comfortable managing designs and multi-disciplinary projects. In this role, we anticipate you'll be working across our Water and Water Recycling projects so whilst we appreciate you may have a bias on one of these areas, knowledge/ experience/ awareness of both would be advantageous.
Able to inspire and lead a team, you'll be customer focussed in all the activities you undertake. With a strong appreciation of how collaboration can truly unlock complex projects, you'll be able to assess unique situations and draw upon your technical expertise to make decisive, yet safety conscious, decisions to keep projects on track.
Always operating with integrity and accountability, you'll be able to build rapport and trust amongst your stakeholder and establish yourself and the team across the Alliance.
If you are looking for the next step in your career as we enter AMP7, please apply today