The PR Manager will be instrumental in the development and activation of PR strategies and campaigns for pharmacy and corporate communications, giving our customers more reasons to love, visit and buy from our stores and pharmacies, further enhancing our brand reputation with key stakeholders.
You will be part of a busy press office, managing reactive as well as proactive communications, reporting to the Head of External Communications for Boots UK.
• Developing the professional pharmacy communications strategy and amplifying Public Affairs pharmacy agenda, working closely with the WBA Public Affairs team
• Formulating and executing a corporate communications plan including the development of a corporate narrative and messaging for Boots UK
• Becoming a trusted advisor to senior leaders, providing advice on corporate and pharmacy PR, with a particular focus on media relations and reputation management
• Managing a PR Agency to time and budget to deliver key campaigns
• Creating PR content and taking a publishing approach, ensuring content is amplified in earned media
• Acting as an ambassador for Boots, building relationships with media and key influencers
• Leading for excellence in evaluation and analysis of PR activities
• Responsibility for day to day management of budgets
• Supporting crisis management activities, including out of hours on-call
A bit about you:
• Substantial experience in corporate and/or pharmacy external communications, and of working effectively in a complex and fast-paced organisation
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
• Experience of delivering large, integrated PR campaigns which gain reach across national earned media, including experience of content creation
• Comfortable working under pressure, with experience of crisis and issues management
• Collaborative, creative and experienced in building both external and internal relationships as well as managing agencies to deliver
A bit about the team:
Work right at the heart of the business and join us on the exciting journey we're on.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please contact with any questions regards this role.