An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Advisor to join a world leader in fuel technology, based in South Oxfordshire. As the Health Safety & Environmental Advisor you will ensure that identified Health Safety & Environment (HSE) requirements are implemented by appropriate personnel and contractors in all work areas. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills as you will be dealing with people at all levels.
Experience within a Chemical Manufacturing (or similar) environment is highly advantageous. HSE Advisor Responsibilities:
HSE Advisor Qualifications and Experience:
- Overall responsibility to assist in the development and implementation of the HS&E Plan (chemical-related aspects) for the site.
- Lead or support Hazard Identification Risk Assessments and Equipment/Facility inspections to ensure risks are identified and mitigated and correct and safe operating practices are in place.
- Assist in conducting Incident Investigations - including any major incidents.
- Participate / Lead HS&E meetings presentations and training
- Notify liaise and consult with relevant authorities (HSE etc) and outside stakeholders to ensure expectations are met in the area of HS&E performance.
- Keep up to date and ensure compliance with current UK HS&E legislation
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Experience within a Chemical Manufacturing (or similar) industry
- ISO 45001 knowledge
- Demonstrable practical working knowledge of the use of Hazard Identification / Risk Assessment methodologies.
- Formally recognised NEBOSH / Occupational Health & Safety Qualification.
- Experience in delivery of Safety Training [desirable].
The position of HSE Advisor reports to the Site Manager.Role
: HSE AdvisorLocation
: You will be offered a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package (10% bonus pension) and on-going career developmentJob Type
: Permanent Full-timeHours:
Monday to Friday