The Engineering Department is responsible for technical areas around the school including the Technical Stores, Cinemas, Dubbing Theatres, Television Studio, Editing, Sound Design and Composing suites. This includes maintenance, operational support, tuition and production support.
The Editing Specialist Engineer
will primarily be responsible for supporting the Editing Students and their Edit suites as well as the communal Edit Seminar room and standalone bookable Edit suites. They will also help provide cover across other departments as needed including support for Sound Design and Composing. Duties will include:
- The installation, maintenance and repair of the NFTS equipment and facilities, particularly those associated with the Editing Department.
- Tuition of students and staff in the operational use of such equipment.
- Day to day operational support to staff and students.
- To work in liaison with other engineering staff under the supervision of the Head of Engineering on any appropriate engineering projects within the NFTS.
- Any other duties reasonably associated with this post.
- Extensive operational and support experience of Avid Media Composer and associated equipment including shared storage systems.
- Good IT skills with Experience of support and fault finding on primarily PC based systems.
- Avid Media Composer ACSR certified or equivalent experience.
- A team player who is organised, energetic, flexible, with the ability to multi task within a fast paced and busy department.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Be aware of current technology and trends.
- A friendly manner and good customer service skills.
- A passion for the film, TV and games industries, and a desire to assist students in their studies.
- Experience of Avid Nexis/ISIS, Editshare.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative suite, Davinci Resolve and other creative packages.
- Experience of Protools, Logic and other sound/composing software.
- Experience of DCP mastering.
- An Engineering Qualification.
- Mechanical engineering skills
- Electronics repair/design skills
The closing date for applications will be 5th January 2021.
At the NFTS, people are at the heart of what we do. We're an inclusive employer and are committed to equality of opportunity, and building a culturally diverse workforce. We are committed to being an anti-racist organisation and to increasing our representation of staff from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities. We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds.