We're supporting our clients as they adapt to the unprecedented circumstances brought about by COVID-19. As a result, we're currently only recruiting for essential roles during this time. All interviews, assessments and background checks will take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. It's important to note that most of our sites are now closed and employees are working remotely where they can. Where offices are required to stay open, we are following government guidelines on personal hygiene standards, daily cleaning of employee work areas, maintaining safe distances and limiting the number of people in the office at one time. We also have clear policies on business travel and continuity. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our employees and customers safe during this timeThe role responsibilities will include but is not limited to the following:
What we're looking for:
- Configure and install various network and security devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Perform security maintenance and diagnostics on firewalls.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Ensure the deliver solution can support the customers' requirements for resource utilisation, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within our customers established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team.
- Be able to produce logical, concise network and security documentation
- Proven hands-on network and security experience CCNA or higher (CCNP highly valued)
- understanding of networking protocols (e.g., GRE, IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network and security diagnostic and network analytics tools
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- A current clean Full UK Driving licence
- Ability to obtain UK Security Clearance
A high level of professionalism and adherence to CAPITA standards is expected. The holder would need to accept a company car, within the allotted band for business travel. CAPITA's two main business unit sites are at Chippenham in Wiltshire and Portsmouth in Hampshire, there may be a requirement for overseas travel however the majority of time is to be spent at customer sites which are UK wide.
The role can involve extensive customer contact on both a technical and non-technical level requiring a professional and adaptable approach to communications. The role will require working both in a team setting and autonomously. An increasing level of autonomy is typically achieved after some time in post and suitable experience has been gained.What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91288530